PDA

View Full Version : tapping judder power loss ???

avantscott
05-01-2010, 04:49 PM
hi guys had my 2.5 tdi aat 5 pot audi a6 for 5 years now and had no problems at all.. until just recently she started to make a tapping noise and ran like that for a few weeks..thought it was a noisy tappet untill today when it started to judder and lost power like i had run out of fuel.. it had not !! managed to get her home but the tap is much noisier than before and i thought i could see a small amount of oil or diesel in the rain and snow on my drive.. does this sound like it could be an injector that has failed ??
starts on the button no probs at all..its done 155,000 and has been very well looked after i change the oil myself every 5,000 miles
ps i had just put diesel in at my local asda station 5 mins before this happened i dont think its related in any way just thought i should mention it..
any help or advice would be much apreciated thanks in advance...
pps could not smell any diesel or see any on the engine at all but is snowing bad and turning dark plus i havent pulled the plastic cover off yet for a better look :mad:

avantscott
15-01-2010, 02:57 PM
the tapping stopped this morning so i took her for a spin over blackstone hedge... held her at 2500 rpm in 3rd gear and sure enough she lost power again and the tap returned help please is this an injector issue..
when the tapping stopped she pulled like a train now she wont pull your hat off its doing my fruit in any help much appreciated thanks in :1zhelp:advance scott

avantscott
16-01-2010, 06:53 PM
egr valve :aargh4:

hamma
13-04-2010, 04:17 PM
what happened with ur car? did u fix it?
it is probably mechanical engine condition

hamma
15-04-2010, 08:46 AM
Hey

yesterday my 1.9Tdi started doing the same thing and it is really embarrassing!!
what did you do to fix the problem? was it the EGR valve? i don't think EGR valve may cause the judder however it may cause power loss