PDA

View Full Version : Help, is it my logic 600 alarm/imm. ?

marco w
04-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Hi, I'm a newbie so be patient, I have a '98 caravelle with the 2.5i AET engine and it keeps cutting out, sometimes not for weeks, then three or four times a journey, sometimes for a split second, others for up to 5 mins :( When it does cut out the rev counter zero's the oil light comes on and alternator light comes on. Then I try starting and it behaves like the immobiliser is on, it turns over fine and fast(so not battery) but no life. so far I've had the hall sender unit replaced, I've fitted new plug leads(they were knackered anyway) dizzy cap and rotor arm and a new coil, also the no.30 ecu relay. All genuine vag parts not mickey mouse stuff.
I know (I think) that it's not the immobiliser that works off the key. So could it be the logic 600 alarm/immobiliser, I had to put it into 'valet' mode coz it used to go off at random times, usually late night/early morning. If it's dodgy would it interfere with the ignition circuit ? If so is it possible to un-install it ? I studied electronics at college years ago so not too phased by that side of stuff. Thanks for reading my long waffle but it's frustrating the :aargh4: out of me.

marco w
15-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Bump!!!!!!