PDA

View Full Version : Please Help clutch slipping on tdi cupra

audi bwoy
04-01-2010, 03:20 PM
my brothers clutch is slipping on his cupra tdi 150bhp, its not that bad but obviously will get worse, had a few quotes, some garages are saying change the flywheel too as that will go soon, as the flywheel is only meant to last the life of the clutch.. is this true?

had a quote just for the clutch, £300 fitted is that about right, or £550 for the flywheel and clutch?

cheers

e6m6a6
04-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Is £550 prive for fitting aswell? if so that it cheap!
Well it will have the same flywheel as mine and iv never come across people saying if you change one change the other (think yourself lucky i have to change the fly wheel!)

But iv been told that if i wish the change the flywheel its advised that i change the slave cylinder....before long ill be changing the full bloody engine!

Personaly i would do it to purly save on labour charge becuase which ever way you go your flywheel will go in the end, might aswell save yourself the extra cost in my opinion, thats what im doing

audi bwoy
07-01-2010, 02:00 PM
yep, £550 all in fitted, others have quoted me a lot higher...
anymore advice

Eshrules
07-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Is £550 prive for fitting aswell? if so that it cheap!
Well it will have the same flywheel as mine and iv never come across people saying if you change one change the other (think yourself lucky i have to change the fly wheel!)

But iv been told that if i wish the change the flywheel its advised that i change the slave cylinder....before long ill be changing the full bloody engine!

Personaly i would do it to purly save on labour charge becuase which ever way you go your flywheel will go in the end, might aswell save yourself the extra cost in my opinion, thats what im doing

two things... it's not a 'must' have, but on cars of this age, it's advisable to have the flywheel changed, whilst the clutch is off, to avoid paying the labour bill twice should the f/wheel need replacing (think cambelt/water pump).

It is common practice and if it were me, I'd be fitting a new flywheel.

In regards to replacing your slave cylinder... who advised this and on which vehicle?

audi bwoy
12-01-2010, 07:00 PM
is sachs the best clutch to get?

also was told to change the hydraulics, is this right?

so will need a flywheel, clutch and hydraulics.........