PDA

View Full Version : Question Audi A4/B5 TDI W 2000 (RED I) AC/Heater Blower Not Working

Coderman
02-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Can anyone tell me how do I replace my AC/Heater Blower? Does it involve removing the dashboard, or can I go in under the dash if I drop out the Glovebox? It's not the fuse as I've checked that out already!

neil w
04-01-2010, 12:42 AM
Are you sure its not just the brushes in the motor, there are loads of postings on here about them.
My blowers stopped working and that was all it was.

olds_kool
04-01-2010, 10:39 AM
remove glovebox, remove passenger airbag support brackets and motors held in with 3 or 4 screws then you need to wiggle it a bit to remove
if you catch problem in time try brushes from ebay if not a german and swedish replacement is around £40

HomerSimpson
04-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Hi Coderman,
As Old Skool says it is a case of removing the glove box. Remove the side panel on the dash (You need the door open for this, just spring clips holding same as the drivers side.) There are 2 screws (10mm Spanner) behind here, there is 1 at the top edge of the glovebox, visible when the glove box is open and then if my memory is correct 1 or 2 inside the glovebox (Box spanner or such required). Once these are removed the glovebox will drop down, be careful as there are lights fitted to it. Then carefully remove a section of the airbag bracket being careful not to disturb the airbag! (That is if there is an airbag fitted.) You will now have access to the three screws that hold in the blower motor. Remove the power cables, remove the three screws, a flexible screwdriver is handy here, but not essential. with all this removed it is then a case of manoeuvring the motor out. Replacement is a reversal of the above. Tools required are 10mm spanner (Box) and a Phillips screwdriver.
Hope you find this of help.