PDA

View Full Version : Alhambra electrics problem

jcrgordon
02-01-2010, 01:22 PM
The electrics on my 02 plate Alhambra are playing up. This started out as an intermittent fault but is now a permanent feature. The reversing lights, the rear fog lights and rear washer/wiper refuse to work. In addition the rear fog light warning light shows at half brightness when the ignition is switched on and then when any other lights are on the rear fog light warning light glows brightly. Everything else appears to work properly.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to where I should start looking or what I should be looking for?
Thanks
John

kenney
02-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Pull back the rubber boot on top of the tailgate and check the wires

jcrgordon
02-01-2010, 03:21 PM
I tried that bu there is only a black plastic ribbed cover over the wires visible.

kenney
02-01-2010, 05:04 PM
is there not a split in the covering

jcrgordon
02-01-2010, 06:54 PM
I've looked properly now - it stopped snowing for a wee while - and on the nearside there is the thing I described earlier (I suspect this is the water for the washers) but on the off-side there is a big bundle of wires (15 to 20 of them). There is a lot of fabric tape around them where they pass through the frame. I can't see anything obviously wrong. When the snow stops again I'll have another look but there doesn't appear to be much slack in the wiring to pull it out to get a good look.

mcurrier
16-02-2010, 07:53 PM
i had same problem due to water problem some wires corroded and stripped, exactly the same no fog,brake, reverse,wiper.
i extended the wires and used rubber connectors to join up, but make sure they dont touch because if you do then i had to disconnect them to then rewire them anyway once all done covered in waterproof tape and all now work apart from rear wipe. it is bad because where wires are they get squashed and broken and rubber grommet looking thing does not work but with connectors just gives it a little more protection and cover from rain.
P.S cost me a whole of £3 to fix

dazflash124
25-04-2011, 10:33 PM
Hi I have this problem in a sharan how did you extend the wires? Did you use bullet type conectors male/female?:1zhelp: