PDA

View Full Version : vag-com question

kharva007
10-05-2007, 10:33 PM
jus got vag-com software and looks intresting, anyway of getting this to work fully without having to pay any cost, such as someone elses registration details or a special password or sumthing like that.

onzarob
10-05-2007, 11:02 PM
No, is the simple answer, I think the license costs $99 if you have your own cable. which equates to £5oish pounds. That less than an hours labour for a main dealer. well worth buying.

Rob:D

kharva007
10-05-2007, 11:16 PM
there must be a way its jus a code right?

Sam
11-05-2007, 07:37 AM
jus got vag-com software and looks intresting, anyway of getting this to work fully without having to pay any cost, such as someone elses registration details or a special password or sumthing like that.

What you're asking is for someone to give you their code - obviously this is on a par with software piracy.

Asking via PM is bad enough but in a public forum in view of every and anyone isn't very wise at all.

Col
11-05-2007, 09:57 AM

Vagcom will virtually pay for itself even if you only use it just once.

There really is no excuse for not paying for it.

And Sir, shame on you.

Eshrules
11-05-2007, 10:27 AM
i agree... i think its tactless and just plain rude to ask such a question on an open forum like this.... piracy exists but we can't condone such action.

if you want the fully fledged, fully functioning version, you will have to pay for it like every other poor soul has to.

you have a fair amount of 'useability' with the shareware version as it is, £50 really isnt a bad price to pay for a license.:beerchug:

snapdragon
11-05-2007, 02:11 PM
I agree, don't do that to VAGCOM, we are lucky to have it, most makes don't have such a thing, what's more you can't use someone else's code anyway. It is tied to your PC's hardware and Window's serial number.

borabeast
22-02-2009, 01:29 PM
You guys ever listened to a copied CD or watched a copied DVD?

It was just a question free vs paying. I've wondered the same thing, but yes £50 is a bargain.

Not sure its 'shameful' to ask.

After all,this is a credit crunch... :D

hongkongstuey
22-02-2009, 04:43 PM
best thing i did was put my details in the vag com locations thing, have scanned a few cars now, done a few peoples cars at work for a tenner a time, mine has paid for itself already :beerchug: even thinking of taking my laptop to the rolling road run if anyone needs their car checking

Crasher
22-02-2009, 04:46 PM
After all,this is a credit crunch... :D

And that makes it more acceptable to steal does it?

SKINNYSEAND
22-02-2009, 08:01 PM
I saved up to buy my code. You should do the same.

borabeast
23-02-2009, 01:31 AM
So crasher whats the view like up there on that high horse of yours?

The guy was asking a question that, I thought, is what these forums can be used for?

I'm not trying to condone theft, nobody is.

Would you feel the same way about me lending somebody Microsoft Word?

Surely theres more important things for folks to be getting all defensive about?

martin1810
23-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Sorry borabeast but you are wrong. People spend time and money developing this software and they deserve getting paid for their efforts.

onzarob
23-02-2009, 10:12 AM
Ok thats enough,

VWAudiforum, do not condone copyright infringement, and therefore do not discuss hacking software on this site.

I will close this thread before it gets carried away.

Rob

stuart
23-02-2009, 10:38 AM
OK, As Rob has just said, enough is enough... The policy of VWAudi Forum is, we do not allow any discussion or promotion of pirate software, anyone doing so will be banned! This applies to any item that has any form of copyright attached!!!!

I do not care what others websites advertise or promote, inc Ebay, only what goes on here.

Stuart