PDA

View Full Version : Avant Aerial

Cpt Shed
30-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Hi, I have a 97 A4 Avant, I have always had poor radio signal, I have a after market Kenwood fitted. On investigation I have found that the original aerial lead from the aerial end has been altered (botched up with choc' box connector ).
The aerial had been replaced with an after market type 12v active, this has now been broken off by an enthusiastic helper when lifting a Kayak onto the roof bars!!!
So my problem is now I would like to fit a Sharks fin type aerial ( less likely to be broken) but I would like to buy a good quality one. I have tried a cheapie one from Fleabay, and ran a new lead to the headunit, however, the signal is still poor :aargh4:.
Can anyone recommend a quality shark fin type aerial, I don't mind paying decent money as long as it works!!!

Regards, Nige'.

chris_r
30-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Hi, I have a 97 A4 Avant, I have always had poor radio signal, I have a after market Kenwood fitted. On investigation I have found that the original aerial lead from the aerial end has been altered (botched up with choc' box connector ).
The aerial had been replaced with an after market type 12v active, this has now been broken off by an enthusiastic helper when lifting a Kayak onto the roof bars!!!
So my problem is now I would like to fit a Sharks fin type aerial ( less likely to be broken) but I would like to buy a good quality one. I have tried a cheapie one from Fleabay, and ran a new lead to the headunit, however, the signal is still poor :aargh4:.
Can anyone recommend a quality shark fin type aerial, I don't mind paying decent money as long as it works!!!

Regards, Nige'.

This will help...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PC5-52-Audi-A2-A3-A4-Amplified-ISO-ISO-Aerial-Adaptor_W0QQitemZ160379892794QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK _Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Terminals_Cabling_ET?hash=ite m255762f43a

Cpt Shed
30-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply, I looked at those on Fleabay, I wasn't sure if that was the way to go or not. Only one problem is that the lead has the traditional jack on the end, not the iso fitting.
There must be someone who makes a straight forward signal booster, I can't believe that I'm the only numpty with this problem!!!

Nige'

chris_r
30-12-2009, 08:59 PM

Regards, Nige'.

Thanks for the prompt reply, I looked at those on Fleabay, I wasn't sure if that was the way to go or not. Only one problem is that the lead has the traditional jack on the end, not the iso fitting.
There must be someone who makes a straight forward signal booster, I can't believe that I'm the only numpty with this problem!!!

Nige'

You need one of these too then...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-Aerial-Antenna-Adaptor-For-Car-Radio-ISO-to-DIN_W0QQitemZ250416206354QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_3?hash=item3a4df81212