PDA

View Full Version : Ibiza TDi PD 130

saunders1587
30-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Hi,
I am writing this on behalf of my girlfriend, but we are looking at a new car for her, and as you can guess its a Ibiza diesel. She loves the car but is yet to drive it, i drove it and fell in love myself.
I am a mechanic but a HGV one, i know a bit about this engines but in this model is there anything that is known to go wrong?
One thing that startled me is when i turned the ignition on the low pressure lift pump was noisey, this normal cause it sounded rather noisey to me.
is there anything else to look at on these cars?
It was a fully equiped one with climate and cruise, cd changer the lot. it had done lots of motorway driving but we will be looking elsewhere due to it not being serviced for a good 35k which has put me off massively.
The seller is currently doing a window regulator on it as the cables have snapped which i had a polo and this was a common fault then, is it still or just a one off?
All the rear wiper motor has siezed and he is replacing it with a VW one at £105. these niggles show me it hasn't been looked after properly to be honest.

Thanks for reading

Dan

CloggsA6
31-12-2009, 11:23 AM
Dan,

not sure what your budget is but like you say, that one sounds like it has had a neglected life.

I bought my wife a 100bhp Tdi Sportrider (Demo) and she loves it. It has lots of toys including the FR bodykit and wheels. It returns excellent MPG - if that is a factor - and suits her daily 100 mile commute to a tee........ however:

It has just had a service and the rear wash wipe has stopped working.... not frozen but there is a detached pipe somewhere as it is losing fluid.

It is noisy on our local concrete dual carriageway.... boy is it noisy. I am comparing it to my Passat Sport for comfort but it isn't well insulated against noise.

As for other issues - None. we ran a 1.4 petrol for a short time before this and we have also run a Leon Tdi (110) SX which was possibly the best car we have ever had ( Incl. BM/Merc and Audi). 100k from new, no issues and still strong when we sold it.

Lots out there but they are holidng their money. Buy with caution. FSH is mint but some FSH are Polo's - Work that one out.:D

Have a good New Year and happy hunting :beerchug:

kennym999
08-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Dan, is it the sport or FR you are considering? I bought my Ibiza Fr Tdi 130 new in June 2006 and have to say the engine has always been a little bit noisey. My wife now has the car and I have a 2007 Passat Tdi CR 170 which is a lot quieter. The 2 major issues I would look at are front brakes as they arent very good with the extra weight of the diesel engine (I fitted 312mm upgrades with cross drilled and grooved discs), and suspension bushes on FRs were renowned for failing with the only real option being to upgrade to cupra bushes. Just as a matter of interest what sort of prices are you being qouted as my wife is looking at changing her car so it would be good to know the going rate. Hers is a 2006 FR, FSH, 30k and in good condition.

Ta

Kenny

saunders1587
11-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Kenny,
Thanks for your input, she has actually bought the car now. Its a 1.9tdi on a 03 plate and it is a sport not a FR which i can see are a little more money but do look a bit better in my opinion. But she paid £3200 for the 03 sport with 90k, with a full MOT and few months tax.
I see you wrote about the brakes? Not being strong enough, i haven't driven it hard just a few little blips cause i love the love down power it has but i didn't see a massive fault with underpowered brakes, but im used to a mk3 golf lol!
So with the price we paid, yours sounds alot nice and im sure it will be worth well over double to be fair lol!
Hope all goes well, and thanks again

Dan