PDA

View Full Version : Driving in the snow

royleblue
30-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Hi guys. Talking about replacing the wife's Tigra with something that will drive OK in the snow. How does a TT quattro cope? What is better - petrol or diesel? Manual or auto?
Any advice gratefully received :beerchug:

MFGF
07-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Mrs F has a TT TDi Quattro manual. It seems to cope fine in the conditions, even despite having 19" wheels with fat tyres.

MF.

royleblue
07-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Thanks MF
The Tigra really is pants. Almost made it this morning to the top of a not very steep slope when the wheels started spinning. Reversed back down to where I started from and could even get it going on the flat :mad: Had to leave it there and take her to work in the A4. It's just too light so the wheels just spin. Can't even turn off the traction control to see if that helps.
I have to talk her into a Audi next time (not that she'll take much persuading).

Phil

hanny73
14-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Hi guys. Talking about replacing the wife's Tigra with something that will drive OK in the snow. How does a TT quattro cope? What is better - petrol or diesel? Manual or auto?
Any advice gratefully received :beerchug:
Hi - I bought a 3.2 tt on Saturday, it's got an auto box. Although we didn't have that much snow where I am it wasn't great - had to be very gentle on the pedal!

bellkevin
26-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Petrol and manual, turn the traction control off for more fun.

joshaudi
06-08-2010, 11:38 AM
why are people so obsessed with buying cars for the snow?? Would't you rather a car that is better for every day use not 1 week a year use. When it snows bad, you cant take your car out anyway.

ollli
18-09-2010, 08:19 PM
you dont need to buy a new car just get a good set of winter tyres they will do the trick.