PDA

View Full Version : DECENT key cutter(s) in and around manchester/stalybridge

Eshrules
10-05-2007, 11:05 AM
ok... i have the facility to code my own keys now... i have managed to secure the relevant software and hardware needed to read the SKC code and i am assured the items i have are sufficient to code the keys to the IMMO, however, i cant cut keys using a stanley knife (apparently :mad: ) so i need a key cutter, but one i can trust...

any suggestions

:beerchug:

Lex Luthor
10-05-2007, 12:36 PM
I have used this guy twice now.
He will cut from the key number or a photo or scan.
http://tinyurl.com/yuykcs

shooey88
10-05-2007, 12:36 PM
have u tried it yet? i would love to have the ability to code keys....as working for a main delaer i would be doing 2 a day at least that would take 5 mins but would be charging 100 pound. this is cos no other garage can do it as the skc code is protected and hidden as key coding is done online. also password protected using the geko system. how do u overide this? can u do new mark 5 golf key codes with the 7 digit skc? or only the old cars with 4 digit skc?
i thought main delaers had it now so no one else has the ability to do it. i would love for u to pass on the knowledge of how.

Eshrules
10-05-2007, 12:51 PM
I have used this guy twice now.
He will cut from the key number or a photo or scan.
http://tinyurl.com/yuykcs

aaaah... nice one, it would cost me practically that to get a key cut anyway, so less than £10 to get one cut isnt bad at all, thank you very much :)

have u tried it yet? i would love to have the ability to code keys....as working for a main delaer i would be doing 2 a day at least that would take 5 mins but would be charging 100 pound. this is cos no other garage can do it as the skc code is protected and hidden as key coding is done online. also password protected using the geko system. how do u overide this? can u do new mark 5 golf key codes with the 7 digit skc? or only the old cars with 4 digit skc?
i thought main delaers had it now so no one else has the ability to do it. i would love for u to pass on the knowledge of how.

im confused... you say you work for a main dealer? i am aware that i can only do the mk4's, mk5's are out of the question. im not really in a position to pass any information on until i have tried and tested. im a little perplexed about your question though.... if you work for a main dealer, why would you need me to tell you how to code keys :(

shooey88
10-05-2007, 12:58 PM
main dealers do not permit homework jobs....and think everyone should book it in and not allow you to use their equipment on the side. therefore, they not loosing any money. im familiar with the geko system...but coding the keys i practically do nothing.... just type my name and password and the computer is hooked online and everything is done for u automatically. i would like to know how i would code keys manually with ur software etc? however, if you arent able to do mark 5s or new passats, tourans etc then in a few years dealers will get there way and kill off competition.
let us know how u get on

Sam
10-05-2007, 12:58 PM
I agree with the above.

Best the conversation stops here and we get back on track with the initial topic of getting someone to cut Carl's key.

kasim
10-05-2007, 06:58 PM
hiya mate

i have an audi a3, i ve have one set of keys, just wanted to know can u make audi keys???
and how much????

Eshrules
10-05-2007, 07:26 PM
:( but that wasnt what i said... im asking for those who know of a good key cutter around my area... i cant make keys :(

Lex Luthor
10-05-2007, 07:38 PM
hiya mate

i have an audi a3, i ve have one set of keys, just wanted to know can u make audi keys???
and how much????
I suggest you read the whole thread.......
VW and Audi keys are functionally the same.