PDA

View Full Version : OEM Parking Sensors

mabela
27-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Hi, just taken elivery of a new Diesel CC, great car. However it is a bitch to park. Does anyone know if it is possible to have OEM parkin sensors fitted to integrate with the cars display?

eob
27-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Parking sensors can be retrofitted by the dealer. I paid £150 but the system is not OEM in that it is switched by selecting reverse gear, there is no dash button to inhibit the sensors.
This setup cannot be upgraded to the optical parking system that shows the 'radar' display in the head unit.
That's not to say that OEM parking sensors cannot be fitted, but it will be costly.
Here is a link to the retrofit upgrade to OPS. Here (http://www.carmediauk.com/store/134-VW-Passat-3C/B6-OPS-Optical-Parking-System-Retrofi.html)

The system I got fitted is a cobra kit and functions very well. The beeper is loud enough etc and the system is fairly accurate. It has taken me a good couple of months to fully place my trust in it.
The sensors are not recessed into the bumper but are pretty unobtrusive. I can post a pic if you want.
Ed.

Focal
27-12-2009, 08:44 PM
My dealer quoted £375 to retro fit the rear OEM ones & integrate into the display , the front fit was out of the question due to multiple looms being required to be fitted into the main loom .

I had the dealer retro fit the rears with after an after market make they sold , so not cheap & nasty . These were colour coded , same finish & fit as OEM , cost me £150 but they never invoiced us on completion . There is no need for a head up display at all , it is a gimmick , keep your eyes & ears on the wing mirrors .

Focal
27-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Kit for a VW Golf V5 , gives you an idea of cost :

http://www.carmediauk.com/store/108-VW-Golf-V-5-Retrofit-Rear-Parking-System-with-OPS.html

mabela
28-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Thnaks for the infomation, think I will just go for the after market ones.

shaggydancer
28-12-2009, 06:09 PM
What are the distances that the sensors are recording, I have a CC on order but without any parking sensors and have been considering a retro fit, but everything I have looked at appear to measure down to around 30cm, I would have preferred a closer limited than that,

gamichea
28-12-2009, 09:09 PM
30cm seems pretty standard; thats the distance the sound becomes continuous on the factory fit ones. Thereafter its judgemental how close you are to the obstacle.

Focal
29-12-2009, 08:38 AM
30cm seems pretty standard; thats the distance the sound becomes continuous on the factory fit ones. Thereafter its judgemental how close you are to the obstacle.

Most units do this measure , it isn't a problem once the sound goes continous , unless you are feeling brave & want to push the limits .

shaggydancer
29-12-2009, 12:00 PM
I'll get the hang on this forum sometime,:Blush:

I have ordered a CC with the rear view camera as my initial thoughts were that that would have been sufficient but started to have second thoughts about the parking sensors for tight manoeuvring. Anybody got the rear camera fitted and if so how do you find it.

mabela
29-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Just been quoted £450 by my local VW dealer to install rear acustic parking sensors. Seems incredibly expesive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!