PDA

View Full Version : Please Help head gasket??????? or what.

hussein hassam
26-12-2009, 11:20 PM
hi everyone. i am a new user,so please bear with me.thanks.i have had my 02 passat tdi sport tiptronic for 3 years.it has 113K MILES ON THE clock.we had blue smoke and burning oil smell,one day.after checking the dipstick,i found there was too much oil and it was very runny and browny grey.the oil filler cap had greyey gunge on it.after taking it to the garage.i was told it could be the head gasket.but the waterlevel was o.k. and the water was clean. i was advised by the garage to have an engine flush and oil change.looked ok for a bit.drove 200 miles after this.the car does not heat up or boil even at high speeds.no power loss even.the greyey gunge is back. Has anyone ever experienced this problem???.i have yet to go back to the garage.please help with any ideas. thanks.

martin1810
27-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Get the oil cooler changed. It is probably rusted and letting the oil and water mix. If you don't have symptoms of head gasket failure, it's probably ok.

hussein hassam
27-12-2009, 05:52 PM
hi, thanks for the advice.i shall have the oil cooler checked,and will post the results. thanks once again.