PDA

View Full Version : Can you change the walnut dash strips?

colabear
26-12-2009, 09:14 PM
hi guys.. how hard if at all possible would it be to replace the walnut dash strips with the plain silver style ones??

can it be done??

sbt
26-12-2009, 09:31 PM
yes you can very easely they are held in place by spring steel washers that push over a series of plastic stubs on the rear of the strip have you got alternative ones if not dont remove them before you get a price they cost a fortune at audi

colabear
27-12-2009, 02:51 AM
not got replacements yet...but would definately change them if i buy the car i am looking at.... thanks for the advice..just debating whether 164k is too high mileage for a 1.9 tdi.

sbt
27-12-2009, 10:44 AM
hi it just depends how much you are paying for it does the car have a solid history and written proof of regular oil and filter changes i recently sold an a4 1.9 tdi that had been chipped from 115 bhp to 145 bhp it had covered 156000 miles and ran like a swiss watch that was the only car i was ever sorry that i sold just make sure it starts from stone cold first time and there is no blue or black smoke from the exhaust also give it a good test drive even with this milage it should pull like a train if its in good nick