PDA

View Full Version : I never ever thought i would ever say this........

RickT
09-05-2007, 11:57 PM
Guys...

I never ever thought i would ever say this... HYUNDAI.........

i dont know if my eyes have not been working correctly... but would you argee the new HYUNDAI Coupe SIII looks like a nice car?? from the outside only at least..

I know the 2.7 V6 lacks real power at 162 bhp or the 2.0 at 140 bhp... and the build quality is nothing to write home about, but the over all look from the outside...

im intrested in your thoughts on this one..

few pictures below..

Big_E
10-05-2007, 12:19 AM
Nowt special, and if they are getting 160 bhp from a 2.7 v6, id serisouly questions there ability to build any type of car.

Rather have a Golf anyday

RickT
10-05-2007, 12:25 AM
i know exaclty what you mean in regards to the overall build etc but it was just that apperance that made me look... ...i saw one on the road today and it made me look twice at it and i was surpirsed to see the badge..

each to their own i guess..

RickT

Huweth
10-05-2007, 01:06 AM
They are nice looking cars, but I can't help think it looks like it wants to be a TT crossed with a 911. Why do the Japs insist on putting big deep gouges in body panels, it just spoils what would otherwise be a nice clean look.

MalcQV
10-05-2007, 07:44 AM
Nice car, I like them. They have more of an Aston Martin look. That said the new Jag XK8/R has been criticised as it looks like a Hyundai coupe at the front.

guyg
10-05-2007, 07:46 AM
It reminds me of the old Ford Cougar from the front, it has a characteristic Alfa crease down most of the side, although this seems to dissapear halfway down the rear quarter panel as it transforms into the rear end ofthe outgoing model, although they have chaved up the rear cluster in reflective silver in the manner young Saxo drivers will appreciate.

I think the lazy engines are a product of compromised design. A lot of east Asian cars are designed for the world market rather than having alternative 'versions' for Europe, America and the East.

IMO, the result is a bit like the sort of food you get in hotels on package holidays, something that looks apetising but is actually a weird multicultural mix of tastes and textures that pleases no-one!

5 Year, 100k warranty though [perhaps another reason for a lazy engine] - I wish our Eurpoean manufacturers would take note, but perhaps they need the spares & repair revenue to keep the shareholders happy.

Cheers

Guy

Ben
10-05-2007, 02:27 PM
I think i see what you mean but just in case.

http://www.specsavers.co.uk/cgi-bin/strudwick.sh/s?langid=1&pfmt=1&siteid=39&pname=home.html :biglaugh:

I think i see a mazda in there somwhere

RickT
10-05-2007, 07:43 PM
I think i see what you mean but just in case.

http://www.specsavers.co.uk/cgi-bin/strudwick.sh/s?langid=1&pfmt=1&siteid=39&pname=home.html :biglaugh:

I think i see a mazda in there somwhere

LOL... yeah... its a tough one.. and the paskage you get is a good deal.. same about the engine, build and badge..

RickT

Fettler
10-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Nice car, I like them. They have more of an Aston Martin look. That said the new Jag XK8/R has been criticised as it looks like a Hyundai coupe at the front.
:aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4:
That heep of poo looks like an Aston........
Hyu......and Aston should never be used in same century.

Sorry but my tupence worth.

RickT
10-05-2007, 10:10 PM
:aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4: :aargh4:
That heep of poo looks like an Aston........
Hyu......and Aston should never be used in same century.

Sorry but my tupence worth.

looks like a martin....

aint that a good thing??? or are you saying that Martins looks aint too good?

lol :biglaugh:

RicKT

onzarob
10-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Sorry it just looks like a typical jap car with design ques from a range of other better styled cars...just looks busy and cheap.

...can you guess i don't like jap cars:D .....but why do they have to be so reliable:zx11:

RickT
10-05-2007, 11:36 PM
Sorry it just looks like a typical jap car with design ques from a range of other better styled cars...just looks busy and cheap.

...can you guess i don't like jap cars:D .....but why do they have to be so reliable:zx11:

The problem the land of the rising sun has against other markets is they know how to make things which last... thats with electric things anyway!

RicKT

Fettler
11-05-2007, 06:43 AM
looks like a martin....

aint that a good thing??? or are you saying that Martins looks aint too good?

lol :biglaugh:

RicKT

Sorry
Been back for a second look.........

You meant Ricky Martin right ???????:D

buster
11-05-2007, 09:21 AM
I don't particulary like any of those swoopy, two door, two seat (pretending to be four seat) sports cars. I especially hate the Toyota Sillycar.

But I did stop and have a look at the Hyundai the other day when I was test driving the MG ZT-T.

I quite liked it, but not pratical enough for me.

The ZT-T was horrible :yawn:

Luckily, I got over my sensible moment and bought the 2.7T instead :D

MalcQV
11-05-2007, 09:25 AM
A pal of mine had the ZT-T. He liked it until the back window started leaking and no Rover dealer managed to fix it properly.

I must admit I never drove it but did like it.

Coupe16v
12-05-2007, 10:59 PM
Not my cup of tea, they're a poor man/woman's sportscar in my opinion (sorry if I offend anyone)

Alun
13-05-2007, 12:16 PM
They look alright, but I don't think they are anything special.

Fizzbitt
29-06-2007, 03:19 PM
I don't particulary like any of those swoopy, two door, two seat (pretending to be four seat) sports cars. I especially hate the Toyota Sillycar.

But I did stop and have a look at the Hyundai the other day when I was test driving the MG ZT-T.

I quite liked it, but not pratical enough for me.

The ZT-T was horrible :yawn:

Luckily, I got over my sensible moment and bought the 2.7T instead :D

The older ones is where its at matey... :D
http://www.faisalsultan.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/FizzsGT4ST205/index.html