PDA

View Full Version : VW keeps cutting out

forest4ever
23-12-2009, 02:13 PM
:zx11::zx11:

My problem is this

I have a 98 VW Sharan 1.8turbo 20v petrol engine that keeps cutting out while driving.
Does`nt do it all the time, some days ok, others can drive it all day long with no problems.
Its as though its being switched off and when it does it, the rev-counter clicks and goes to 0 then it rights itself back running as normal, although sometimes it cuts out completley leaving me to coast to a stop.
Leave it for a while and it will start again!!!
Has been put on diagnostics and registered no code problems.

Any ideas

MFGF
23-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Hi,

You should post this question in the VW Sharan (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14) forum. This forum is for topics *EXCEPT* VAG group vehicles.

MF.

kenney
23-12-2009, 02:39 PM
I think maybe you have a problem with G28 the engine speed sender,which does not always show up on a diagnosis.

Crasher
23-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Your car should have an AJH engine, this info would be useful to add should you put your post in the correct place. If nothing comes up on the fault code read then I would suspect the fuel pump relay or a hidden and awkward to find electrical fault which Sharan’s and Alhambra’s are removed for. It could be the engine speed sensor but that would normally leave a fault code.

forest4ever
30-12-2009, 04:02 PM
:zx11::zx11:

My problem is this

I have a 98 VW Sharan 1.8turbo 20v petrol engine that keeps cutting out while driving.
Does`nt do it all the time, some days ok, others can drive it all day long with no problems.
Its as though its being switched off and when it does it, the rev-counter clicks and goes to 0 then it rights itself back running as normal, although sometimes it cuts out completley leaving me to coast to a stop.
Leave it for a while and it will start again!!!
Has been put on diagnostics and registered no code problems.

Any ideas

Problem ressovled, Took the Sharan to Nottingham VW Main Dealer, they have diognised the problem as bein a speed sensor.

Cost £181.00 job done:biglaugh: