PDA

View Full Version : Golf MkIII seat belt access

brianf
07-02-2006, 06:43 PM
I have a 1994 Golf MkIII on which the driver's seat belt rewind has become sluggish. I don't know if this means a squirt of WD40 is needed or if a new belt should be fitted.
In either case, can anyone please tell me how to access the belt mechanism?
I have tried gently levering the central column trim but it seems very firmly fixed. Naturally, I don't want to cause any damage by being too brutal.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

brianf
22-02-2006, 10:13 PM
I have a 1994 Golf MkIII on which the driver's seat belt rewind has become sluggish. I don't know if this means a squirt of WD40 is needed or if a new belt should be fitted.
In either case, can anyone please tell me how to access the belt mechanism?
I have tried gently levering the central column trim but it seems very firmly fixed. Naturally, I don't want to cause any damage by being too brutal.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Still hoping for an answer to this. Can anyone tell me how to get at the seat belt mechanism without doing damage?

ali-mk3 golf
22-02-2006, 11:59 PM
ive struggled with removing the same bit on my mk3!
my rear door speakers dont work and the wires chase back through there!

needless to say they still dont work as i never got it off!
try a hanyes manual???

ali-mk3 golf
26-02-2006, 03:50 PM
right,above the seat belt adjuster on the piller at the top in the middle there is one clip which is a bar stud to get off,I got in from the side and just pulled pretty hard! its doesnt come free as the belt still run's though it!
once off there is one screw inside the lower part,pull belt to one side you'll see it,undo it and it pulls towards you,maybe a thin plastic sheet to guard seat belt this just pulls off easyly,hey pressto your in!

it took a bit of wiggling to re fit but went back togeather with a fair whack!
hope it helps mate!

Ali

brianf
26-02-2006, 04:12 PM
right,above the seat belt adjuster on the piller at the top in the middle there is one clip which is a bar stud to get off,I got in from the side and just pulled pretty hard! its doesnt come free as the belt still run's though it!
once off there is one screw inside the lower part,pull belt to one side you'll see it,undo it and it pulls towards you,maybe a thin plastic sheet to guard seat belt this just pulls off easyly,hey pressto your in!

it took a bit of wiggling to re fit but went back togeather with a fair whack!
hope it helps mate!

Ali

Many thanks!
That sounds like just the info I needed. I'll give it a go and report back.