PDA

View Full Version : Strange misfiring problem

Scooterist007
22-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Hi guys, I have a strange misfiring problem that has me baffled, I have a 2001 Ibiza 1.4s, and it misfires when I put my wipers on!!! I first thought it was doing it cos it was wet ie when raining, but its not, it can be dry and if I do one sweep of the wipers, it misfires without fail! Has anyone got any ideas??

Scooterist007
14-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Also I have noticed that when I have the main beam on the fuse for the drivers side main beam blows when the wipers are on!! :confused:

Also I forgot to say that the passenger side wiper doesnt work, you can move it by hand so possibly the linkage has broken, and just a thought, that maybe that the wiper motor has not got as much strain on it cos the passenger side linkage has gone and maybe thats causing the electrical problems im having?

Scooterist007
14-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Well for some reason or other, I didnt get much help from this forum!

I did today cos it was such a lovely warm day and for once had some spare time after watching the grand prix! I decided to have a look, and I found out what the problem was! So I am putting it on here so people with simular problems can get some help :biglaugh:

Well what had happened is that the linkage has a plastic or rubber bit in the middle and the bit that it clips into is ball like, well the rubber/plastic bit is missing and somebody has put a c-clip in place to hold it in and that had failed causing the linkage to fall down, but as its still conected to the motor, it still moves forward and backwards, and this was rubbing on the main loom which had worn the outer casing of the loom and several wires in the loom, so everytime the wipers were used, it shorted out the worn wires in the loom! Lucky I did look cos it could of got a whole lot worse!!!