PDA

View Full Version : Hi there!!

freeflyd
20-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Hey one and all :D

I'm Damo, new to this forum, and reckon I might find some useful answers on here. I own a 2002 model vRS Octavia, re-mapped by JBS Auto Design, Chesterfield. It's a sweet car (you can see glimpse on my profile pic) always run no problems until recently.

Now it seems like it's one thing after another this last two weeks. New coil packs, spark plugs, timing belt, fan belt on service this week, and now it's behaving strangely. Hasten to add I'm away from Chesterfield now, so not been able to get back to JBS yet for diagnostics.

I thought maybe poking around on here first might yield some results? Found this site by searching 'Octavia vRS boost sensor' on Google. Currently experiencing lack of power (no turbo as far as I can ascertain). I'm wondering if the guys who serviced my car really know what they're doing?

I'm going back to see them tomorrow (Monday), and I'm gonna be asking them to plug it in while I am there. Not to mention I popped the bonnet yesterday to find out that one of the screw-plugs holding the engine cover on is missing. It was definitely there when I left it with them for the service. Small as this is, it's making me wonder what else they could have lost / forgotten!?

Merry Christmas to you all, and I'm sure I'll have more to say soon :biglaugh:

Until then, nice forum, thanks!! :beerchug:

sooty
10-01-2010, 05:56 AM
Happy New Year... Welcome To The Forum