PDA

View Full Version : fabia vrs non starter

deutsch
19-12-2009, 08:35 PM
we have a fabia vrs 1.9tdi and i can't get it to run. it is not showing any fault codes.
to start of i thought it could just be the timing out so we have now checked that and it is perfect, we have also tried the fuel pump in the tank as it had a broken spring, the vac pump on the side has also been changed just to be sure, but still no joy. we have checked all the vac pipes and the control box and no faults there. we have checked the egr valve and it seems ok.
we left one of the turbo pipes off and tried to start it and it started every time so we checked the turbo and found it to be dead smashed inside and seazed, problem found we thought, NO!! the next moring we tried to start it but with no joy, so found a new turbo and changed it, but it will still not start.
as we were trying again today with the turbo pipe off at the egr vale/air intake the engine coughed up quite a bit of oil from the egr/intake, this is obviously not normal. can anyone point me in the right direction of wht to try next.