PDA

View Full Version : new member-help!

Deep
09-05-2007, 01:15 AM
So glad I found this site. Firstly let me say, I’m not quite an Audi owner just yet, but will be by the end of the month. I have my eye on a 06 B7 cab, but would like some advice on the following:

1. The car has S-Line spec. (badges, steering wheel, 18inch 5 spoke alloys etc.) but what is the full spec of an s-line car? I have noticed the front bumper on some cars contains a lip at the bottom. The one im looking at has a curved front bumper. Does this mean it doesn’t have an s-line front bumper? The ones with the lip certainly look more aggressive and are in better keeping with the rest of the car.

2. On a recent episode of 'Auto Trader' - I think!, mike brewer mentioned a common fault on these car were suspension track rod ends which cost a grand to put right! The car im looking at certainly rubs when on full lock at low speeds. Is this a straight forward warranty issue?

3. The car obviously, is only a year old with about 10,000 miles in the clock. What other issues / problems are there to be aware of?

Any or all of the above questions answered would greatly help me before I spend more then I have and finally say good bye to my trusty Honda civic!

Cheers in advance.

sean red i
09-05-2007, 02:38 AM
s.line, three spoke stearing wheel 18inch alloys (235/40/18), badges (including inner door scuff plates) lower suspension, chrome window surrounds, on a b6 you get skirting on bottom of doors, dont think its so obviouse on a b7, ive got the front bumper you describe but mine is also a quattro so that may be it. is s.line without quattro bumpers different? cant think of anything else at the moment, will add to thread if i do.one way to find out is to get hold of service book for the car or get a look at it, go to http://igorweb.org/equidec/Default.aspx type in codes on inside front cover and this will tell you car equipment fitted with when ordered. on the b6 model (mine) e4j is the code for s.line, 1bv is the code for sports suspension, will probably be same codes. 38k on mine owned since 6k no problems so far with what you mention. hope this has helped.
cheers sean

nickynibbles
10-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Most cabriolets have more subtle restained styling than the saloons, even when an s-line model. Would expect to see curved bumpers front & back on a cab unless its had further extra's added at time of purchase. Check the spec as per Sean Red i's post to check this if you want to be sure. Alternatively, speak to the original sales garage who can tell you what body kit it had when ordered. Of the S4 models i've seen I can think i've ever seen a cab version with bodykit bumpers! They're sweet looking cars as they are so in my view get away not having agressive bumpers, buy it, enjoy it, love it! As for problems, its an Audi, it dosent have that many to worry about, and besides your gonna have 2 years of warranty still on the car!!!

Deep
10-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Cheers for all you help guys. Much appreciated. I’m actually going to buy the car off my sister and judging by the few other facelift models on the market I’ve seen, its actually quite good value for money, even without the body kit.

It’s gone back to the dealer today to investigate the rubbing from the front wheels, so hopefully all sorted soon. Thanks once again for the words of advice and stay posted for some pictures! - Hopefully the weather picks up a bit.....

RickT
10-05-2007, 11:06 PM
yeah get sme pic's up of her.. and let us know how you get on in your new posing machine..

RickT

AudiJay
14-09-2007, 02:39 PM
I have an 2006 A4 2.0T special edition 220bhp I have noticed that the chrome has gone milky along the bottom of the door windows but not above them or on the front grill surround, audi have replaced them once but it has happened again. condused by why not all the chrome has gone milky?

Any help?