PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Which A3 - Manual or Automatic

Jimbob1208
18-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi,

I am looking to buy either an A3 TDI Sport or A3 TDI S-Line on about an 06 plate and can not decide whether to go for manual or automatic.

Can anyone offer any experience or feedback?

Also, what is the difference between the DSG and s-tronic version?

Thanks

onemanparty
18-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Hi,

I am looking to buy either an A3 TDI Sport or A3 TDI S-Line on about an 06 plate and can not decide whether to go for manual or automatic.

Can anyone offer any experience or feedback?

Also, what is the difference between the DSG and s-tronic version?

Thanks

DSG & Stronic are the same just Audi rebranded it as VW use it also.

I have had an A3 2.0TDI Sport Manual and an Sline DSG - Loved the DSG I just prefer Manual. If you do alot of mileage I would recommend the Auto

Smartpainter
21-12-2009, 07:51 PM
I've got the S-Tronic box in my A3 TDi and overall it is very impressive. Driving stop-start in traffic is great and driving in manual mode using the steering wheel paddles is fun. The rapid changes as you accelerate have to be experienced to be appreciated. This auto doesn't sap the engine power and still returns mpg figures close to the manual version. You need to try one to see if it suits you. Ideally, try driving in as many different environments as possible, eg urban town driving and open A roads or motorway.

Toltol
04-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Does the shift paddles on the steering wheel come as standard on the 2.0tdi? Asked my dealer today and he said no, but I read somewhere that it did.

onemanparty
05-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Does the shift paddles on the steering wheel come as standard on the 2.0tdi? Asked my dealer today and he said no, but I read somewhere that it did.

On S-Tronic it does