PDA

View Full Version : Audi Cabriolet 1994 Power Window Problems

atlanta8967
08-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Hi all. I have a 1994 Cab.The front electric windows (passenger / driver) have stopped working. However the center switch still works so i can put all windows down/up with that button. I have checked to see if i have power to the door and i do not. Unfortunately to try and follow the wires back to the point of power loss is impossible without a wiring diagram. I have looked in the fuse / relay box (in the engine bay) but there are no fuses/relays relating to the windows. Should I be looking anywhere else. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

brd
16-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Hi,
I would really like to know the answers to this question too if anyone can help. I had the same sysmptom (but driver door only) a few weeks back after the car was parked out in the hot sun.
B.

sstave01
05-08-2008, 01:36 AM
Did either of you get answers to this?
I have had the same problem - just driven the car to Switzerland and back (from UK) and car was in sunshine for a while as well.
No power to either door controls (except mirrors) and centre console works all windows bar drivers. When I drop the hood (98 manual version) all windows auto lower except drivers.
Only way I can get drivers to lower is to use combo of centre console down and hold the other 3 windows up on the drivers door panel.
How did you get yours fixed? Any ideas or tips?

brd
05-08-2008, 09:53 AM
Hi,
No... didn't find the cause of the problem... but it only happened twice or three times so I didn't need to worry too much about it.
Did find a solution though! :-) ... A4 Cab 3.0L V6