PDA

View Full Version : Noises on suspension

scousefly
08-05-2007, 11:25 PM
I posted a week or so ago as my girlfriend had a problem on the front drivers side suspension, at first a wheel bearing was suspected but this was ruled out. Now the dealer who sold it to her have said its a squeaking droplink but didnt say which one:zx11: . Anyway they wont fix under warranty so I took it to my local guy who couldnt get the noise outta the car when he drove it and his dad who is the MOT side of things said nothing on the car would be classed as a failure so now we are both baffled. He did say it could be the front droplink as they sometimes get a dry bush and this causes it to creak and bang sometimes but they have had it on 2 different sets of ramps and they cant get it to make a noise. Heeeelp!!!!!!!:confused:
It a 99 V plate 1.8 20v

kharva007
08-05-2007, 11:55 PM
dosent effect mot at all...

new to vw
09-05-2007, 01:06 AM
if its a dry bush you could try lubeing them one at a time drive it until it stops squeeking then you will know which one it is..
lee

crazylegs
07-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Hi, I have the same problem on my 2002 golf.
It only ever squeaks in dry weather which led me to think its something rubber,
I tried spraying silicion on the bush bars but it still squeaks and is really annoying.
Mines is also due for mot soon, I know it wont effect it but its really irritating and i wud love to know wat it is. Its makes my car sound like a heap of **** its that bad!

FAROOQS
02-01-2008, 10:48 PM
hi not mac thou may be noisey dash nocking try to push the dash with ur hands sitting in the seat pas or driver if is take it local garage they will do it not vw.push with both hands back and forward...:beerchug:

FAROOQS
02-01-2008, 10:50 PM
[ try pushing the dash with ur hands if it makes noise its ur dash it sound like bushes but it isent thats wat i thought..