PDA

View Full Version : Parking Sensor Problems

HamishMorjaria
17-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Hi,

I have a 2005 Touareg 5.0 V10.

The parking sensors have stopped working (just two red lights in the middle on) Taken it to VW and an independant.

They both tell me that the sensors are fine, but no communication from the ECU.

VW want £462 just to investigate the problem!!

Can anyone help me on how to get this fixed?

Thanks

pottsyukv105lt
19-12-2009, 01:20 AM
Sorry can't help but ive just had to get my tandem pump done which cost me over £700 just a little oil leak yeh right! Thought it might cheer you up?:D Also having my boot struts done at £400!:aargh4: With these machines they have special mechanics so you know your getting a good job done which also comes with a 2 year warranty!!!:approve: Another little tip just ring them and barter for discount i've just got 20% discount off parts and labour!;):approve: Thanks Tony Blair:beerchug:
Get it done, You only live once dont stress it's only money.........:biglaugh:

rally5
29-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Hi, I've had similar problems with my touareg 2.5 with front and rear sensors. After playing around with a fault code reader i managed to get out a fault code which related to one of the front sensors, I then moved around the front sensors which pin pointed the faulty sensor and replaced it, about £70, fitted the new one and bingo the whole system came back to life, Worked ever since apart from last week in the frosts when it report something on the ofside rear which was'nt there and then the whole system shut down again. Next day back to normal. Hope this helps, As an independant garage I would recommend persueing the independant route.