PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Glow plug light flashing

sunshinekid
17-12-2009, 04:07 PM
I have an Octavia Clasic TDI Estate, reg Jan 2005.
My brake lights, reversing and fog lights are not working, I have checked the bulbs and they seem alright.
I have been told there is a switch behind the brake pedal but can't find it, which i should replace.
Also door warning light when door is open and Tailgate lights not working although i have checked all bulbs.

Can somebody direct me.
Thanks

kite
17-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Blown fuse maybe...

frontera
18-12-2009, 09:18 PM
go the same prob 2003 1.9 sdi , check the switch under the brake pedal ( easy to do ) the flashing glow light is advising of an electrical fault.

although my switch tested ok i am now at a loss. next step is to get a garage to plug into diagnostics to check the fault code..

let me know how you get on. :confused:

sunshinekid
29-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Sorry for the late reply.
I bought a brake light switch from an Motor factors, installed it but still the same problem.
Decided to take it to a dealer to check if any other problem.
The switch i bought was faulty.
They installed a new one ( green in colour it's been updated)
and Hunky Dory everything ok and glow plug warning gone.

Generic man
02-02-2010, 12:29 AM
Don’t know if this will be of any use to anyone, but I also have the old ‘flashing glow plug light and workshop’ message. The car’s a bit of a tw@ to start as well sometimes. Anyway, had a diagnostic, and had the fault code 16705 returned, which according to Rosswiki, could be the G28 crankshaft sensor. I may be wrong, but if it is that, then they’re only about £25, and probably a doddle to fit, for anyone but me.