PDA

View Full Version : Smart/Gap Insurance

cmp13
17-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Hi, We took out the above when we purchased our car, I was wondering if anybody had used the Smart insurance for a claim. If so how did it go and what were they like? washed the car the other day and noticed qiute a few stone chips and a scuff mark on the bonnett :mad:

Jim Walker
17-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Hi,

I never personally used it but one of my work colleagues went to make a claim on his for chips on the front bumper and he was informed that this was wear and tear.

They also stated it was not detrimental to the vehicle.

Anyway after a couple of months of arguing they decided to repair the damage as a good will gesture.

So what I am trying to say is hopefully they will repair it no problem but be prepared for a battle.

Please let us know how you get on for future reference as I to have the Smart/Gap policy.

cmp13
21-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Hi Jim,

Looks like I will be going down the same road, I phoned them on the morning of the 17th, when someone finally answered the phone they told me the claims department were all busy and they would arrange a call back. Needless to say it never came, I phoned them in the afternoon and spoke to someone, they told me I would have to take photos of the stonechips and e-mail them for assessment. I expained to them that at this moment in time that would not be possible as we have a total white out (snow), they were going to phone me back after speaking to a line manager, Iam still waiting! :(