PDA

View Full Version : Turbo - 1.8T Quattro Sport

gstevens26
17-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Hi Guys. I'm new to the forum. I've recently bought the above car and love it. When I first got it the turbo was noticible when it kicked in but now I can't really tell if it's working or not. 1st and 2nd gear pull well but are generally over too quick to tell if the turbo is working. 3rd is where it's most noticible. There doesn't seem to be the normal kick and it seems very flat when i put my foot down almost struggling to accelerate where before it would pull well right up through the revs.
This seems to have come about since I was wiring an amp in using the rear stock amp wiring and blew the radio fuse and wondered if this could have had any effect although I doubt it! Can anyone give me any ideas as to what it could be? Is there an easy way to test the turbo's output or am I just used to the way it drives now?? I was under the impression if a turbo went fully there would be tell tale signs and the car may not even drive.
Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks

olds_kool
17-12-2009, 12:25 PM
a boost gauge is a usefull addition but id be looking elsewhere plugs, maf etc...