PDA

View Full Version : Audi Concert Radio CD

graham warner
08-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Hi everyone,
I have an Audi A3 TDi with a Concert Cd Radio. I am having problems with AM reception. It has a roof aerial and FM reception is fine. Has anyone got any suggestions Thanks

Teg
10-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Graham,

I have just had my Concert CD/Radio replaced with an after market unit. I am having problems with my radio reception with the new Alpine unit.

If you like, I can lend you my old Concert radio for testing if you don't live too far away.

PM if you are interested.

Regards,

Teg

graham warner
10-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Teg,
Thanks for your offer but I have 2 radio cd players and they both do the same. Do you get the same problem with your new Alpine unit. Have you got a roof aerial. Thanks again,
Graham

Teg
10-05-2007, 08:12 PM
I had no reception problems with the Concert unit. FM was clear and AM was very good. With Alpine it is all just a hiss regardless of band. Even manually tunning into KISS 100 gives a weak signal (just about hear the music in the background) with major interference on top. No roof aerial, must be part of rear window or inside roof?

Any suggestions would be greatly received.

Regards,

Teg

t0m541
10-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Hi guy's, when I got my A3 it had the concert radio in but it had been butchered out of the dash and damaged so didn't work. I replaced it with a Pioneer cd/radio that I had fitted in my Golf. It played ok on cd but the radio had no reception at all, put it back in the Golf and hey presto on there was the radio clear as a bell.
Any way what I discovered was that the A3 has a powered aerial with a switched feed off the back of the Concert cd/radio head unit, without that no reception.
If your lucky enough to have the wiring sticker still on the back of the Concert it shows the connection there.
I hope this helps a little
Cheers Tom

Teg
14-06-2007, 09:08 PM
I still need help with this. The aerial amplifier has been powered up with 12volt feed but has made hardly any difference.

Anyone got any other suggestions? Replace with a new aerial all together?

If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Regards,

Teg

Trev McM
15-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Hi TEG,

Similar problem. Found broken socket (feed to radio) on the diversity board located rear near-side (LHS) rear wheel arch (in boot) above bass unit - it has 4-sockets & a small power plug on it.

It helps fading on AM & UHF. I now have v poor FM and no AM.

If faulty (like mine) it'll cost £100 for a new one !!

Haven't found a 2nd hand one yet, but am looking.

I would suggest you have a look at yours !!

Trev McM

Teg
16-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Thanks for your response. I will get this checked out but when I had the concert radio fitted, reception was crystal clear.

With the new Alpine, generally it is very poor unless I am in a built up area and then I get quite moderate reception but not as good as with the concert.

Should I look to get a new aeral fitted? Either hidden or on top of the car?

Regards,

Teg