PDA

View Full Version : Missing lights in display?

Ruby
08-05-2007, 08:32 PM
Hallo,
Have just bought a 1999 A6 2.4SE Auto saloon, what a lovely bit of kit!
One little thing I have noticed is there are a few lines of red lights missing from the display. I know this is not a big problem, but would this be easy to fix or would the display need to be replaced at probably vast expense?
Thanks for any advice,
Ruby

shooey88
08-05-2007, 09:01 PM
replacing the display would be expensive...suggestion just try disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes and reconnecting as sometimes works. becarefull about losing ur radio code etc

Ruby
08-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Thanks shooey88, I'll give that a try,
Ruby

maliceinwonderland
03-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Hi Ruby, i had a similar problem with the display on my passat, it only happened when the car had been standing for a while, i had only been using it at weekends for about three months when i fist noticed, however i have discovered that the lines dissapear with use. As sson as i began to drive the car regularly again they dissapeared. I can only contribute this to some condensation or corrosion appearing on the contacts and stopping the display from working until the car warms up properly or current burns the corrosion off the contacts.

Hope that helps, good luck!

Ruby
03-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Thanks maliceinwonderland,
The missing lines just seem to come and go, they seem to have a mind of their own!
Ruby

lonky
04-03-2008, 02:35 PM
This display missing lines is a known Audi issue.

removing battery will have no effect. It is the contact between the displacy and the board that has connection issues over time. You will notice that the quality of the display changes as the temperature changes.

fixing is difficult, many people have tried with varying levels of success. Only sure way is replacement parts from Audi, which is expensive to say the least.