PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever turn your A/C off?

troc
16-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Just wondering who else is as lazy as me and just leaves the A/C on all the time and the climate stuff in Auto for both driver and passenger.....

On a side note, I am thoroughly appreciating the heated seats now it's cold outside :)

John.

A1287210
16-12-2009, 10:15 AM
I too am A/C lazy

PS I wish I had heated seats cos its cold outside:(

Damo

MFGF
16-12-2009, 12:51 PM
I keep my A/C on all the time - helps prevent condensation inside the car. I agree the heated seats are lovely this time of year! :)

Bratty
16-12-2009, 04:58 PM
One thing I noticed quite quickly was that if you have the a/c on all the time and the vents on the rear of the center console "closed" then you get drops of condensation building up in the center console. So I have just let the air circulate by cracking them open a smidge: "there really was drops of water in the center console"

Dunk

Plife
16-12-2009, 07:04 PM
I keep it on all the time, since on a previous car turned it off during winter and then apparantly bacteria builds up and when you turn it on again it stinks!

alexcf
16-12-2009, 07:13 PM
I turn it off if I have the windows open in summer!

AndyH123
18-12-2009, 10:24 AM
I keep it on all the time, since on a previous car turned it off during winter and then apparantly bacteria builds up and when you turn it on again it stinks!

Yep, didn't know it was due to bacteria but mine definitely honks if I leave it off for a while.

As others have said, it helps keep the windows clear so mine is on all the time.

markp306
18-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Just wondering who else is as lazy as me and just leaves the A/C on all the time and the climate stuff in Auto for both driver and passenger.....

John.

Always on...unless I need to summon every last bhp :Blush2:

ScottyUK
18-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Always on...unless I need to summon every last bhp :Blush2:

My TT and S4 both had the feature where when full throttle is used the the A/C compressor is temporarily and automatically disengaged. I assume it'd be the same on th B8.

A/C shouldn't be turned off for long periods as the rubber seals in the system can dry out. You should have it on at least monthly.

markp306
21-12-2009, 12:41 PM
.....full throttle is used the the A/C compressor is temporarily and automatically disengaged. I assume it'd be the same on th B8.

Neat! I'll (finally) have to open the handbook then.

GolferPete
21-12-2009, 01:24 PM
A/C shouldn't be turned off for long periods as the rubber seals in the system can dry out. You should have it on at least monthly.

Further to that, I believe that it is recommended to turn it to full hot and full cold periodically as well, so that all inlets are fully exercised.