PDA

View Full Version : Please Help A4 Central locking system failure

hevprendi
15-12-2009, 09:56 PM
I would appreciate your suggestions. My Central locking system (CLS) is up the Swanny river. First, I cannot let passengers into my car - bonus perhaps? Anyway, I followed Audi's instructions to deactivate and then reactivate the CLS. This partially worked, however, the front passenger door will not lock at all now and I therefore cannot leave the vehicle unattended. Most likely will take to garage tomorrow, but any ideas to solve this tonight to aid restful sleep would be gratefully appreciated. thank-you in advance for your help.:1zhelp:

bez101
15-12-2009, 10:14 PM
I would appreciate your suggestions. My Central locking system (CLS) is up the Swanny river. First, I cannot let passengers into my car - bonus perhaps? Anyway, I followed Audi's instructions to deactivate and then reactivate the CLS. This partially worked, however, the front passenger door will not lock at all now and I therefore cannot leave the vehicle unattended. Most likely will take to garage tomorrow, but any ideas to solve this tonight to aid restful sleep would be gratefully appreciated. thank-you in advance for your help.:1zhelp:
does it lock unlock with the key any other probs IE windows mirrors

hevprendi
19-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Hi, thanks very much for responding. Strangely my mirror heater has also packed up on the same side. I have booked car in at garage for new year, as the dead lock has gone on the front passenger door. Mirror heater I think is just a coincidence, unless you have another idea? Merry Christmas!:beerchug:

MCCLATCHIE
23-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Hi
I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS MINE WAS THE CONVENIANCE UNT UNDER THE CARPET.

BACK DOOR WOULD NOT LOCK WHAT YOU CAN DO IS REMOVE THE INNER DOOR PANEL AND PULL OFF THE BAR THAT IS FITTED TO THE OUTER DOOR HANDLE.

CHECK YOUR CARPET ON THE PASSENGER SIDE IF THIS IS VERY WET IT CAN GET IN TO THE ELECTRICS THAT ARE UBDER THE CARPET

MY FAULT WAS THE AIR CON TOP COVER THEY SPLIT AT THE REAR FLANGE WATER CAN GET IN. ALSO CHECK UNDER THE BATTERY THE DRAIN PLUG DOES GET BLOCKED.

neil w
23-12-2009, 11:15 PM
The wifes A4 did a similar thing last year when the drivers door would not unlock, the alarm fob and the key would work the lock and all the other doors would open just not the drivers one.
We thought it was the convenience unit and plugging in VAGCOM showed that the there was a comms error showing between the unit and the door.
Took it into the local Audi dealer and they managed to get the door open, it turned out to be a faulty door lock that needed adjustment ?

ni_architect
24-12-2009, 04:57 PM
I had a similar problem a year ago - central locking went, as did electric windows.

Audi found that the earth wire had broken just inside the driver's door, behind the speaker. They fixed it for £40.

It went again about 6 weeks later - I fixed it myself in about twenty minutes with a heavier guage wire. Hasn't given any problems since. Be careful that you don't damage the lugs when removing the door fascia!