PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Oil light flashes and beeps

racey
15-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Hi guys, my girlfriend has a v reg 1.4 16v golf and when you start the car and give it a few revs, the oil light flashes and it starts to beep. I have checked the obvious and the oil level is fine.

If anybody could shine any light on the situation it would be much appreciated

Thanks

glen poole
21-12-2009, 08:38 PM
is it the yellow warning light or is it the red stop now return to workshop warning light? if it's the red one, don't drive it anymore & get it towed to garage before you kill the engine, could be just a sensor, oil pump or blockage starving the engine of oil.

racey
28-12-2009, 10:57 AM
is it the yellow warning light or is it the red stop now return to workshop warning light? if it's the red one, don't drive it anymore & get it towed to garage before you kill the engine, could be just a sensor, oil pump or blockage starving the engine of oil.
it is the red oil can flashes up, it is fine on idle but as soon as you rev over 3000 it flashes up, beebs, then goes off after a few seconds when it returns to idle.

v6dub
29-12-2009, 06:25 PM
i think you will find that is a blocked oil pick up, soon as you put the engine under stress by reving it, it can not supply enough oil and the pressure drops,
i would stop driving it, get it picked up and taken to the garage, so tey can have a look and clean stuff out.

racey
29-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Problem solved!
I had a look into the problem today, took the sensor out and cleaned the wire connection and has seemed to have solved the problem, wiring must have been making a bad connection to the sensor.

Thanks for your advice lads :D