PDA

View Full Version : Knocking

DJR
15-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Can someone please help?
I purchased a Passat CC 2.0 GT Petrol from a main dealer with only 6000 miles on the clock. I have had it for 4 weeks now and have noticed a knocking noise when I let the clutch out. It is rhythmical in that it seems to keep time with the engine. It doesn't make the noise when the clutch is in or when the clutch is fully out, you can feel it through the clutch pedal.
I have taken it to 2 dealers and thay say that nothing is wrong but I am sure that a petrol engine should not sound like a diesel when moving off.
The noise is load dependant; if I am pulling away up a hill the noise is louder.
Any suggestions would be great as this is spoiling a good car.

Dave

Crasher
15-12-2009, 02:51 PM
It sounds like an issue with the dual mass flywheel. I would have an independent take a look and if they think there is a problem, pay for a proper report and then get rather upset with VW customer services, politely to start with and then less so as is required.

DJR
15-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Crasher.
Thanks allot for the quick reply. Is this something I should get looked at ASAP or would it be ok to wait until after Christmas?

Dave.

Crasher
15-12-2009, 04:53 PM
After Christmas will be fine, avoid the stress of VAG UK customer services until then as by that time you will have run out of drink which is what they can drive you to. Awesome would be a good company up your way to ask their opinion.