PDA

View Full Version : Should I?

a2newbie
13-12-2009, 11:42 PM
Hi

I'm looking at purchasing an A2 1.4 TDI - 04 registration. It has 46K on the clock. The price is too good to be true. Am I missing something?

No idea yet if it has FSH, MOT and Tax - waiting to hear.

Any thoughts?

Sarge786
14-12-2009, 01:20 AM
Hi

I'm looking at purchasing an A2 1.4 TDI - 04 registration. It has 46K on the clock. The price is too good to be true. Am I missing something?

No idea yet if it has FSH, MOT and Tax - waiting to hear.

Any thoughts?

Well if you give us the details of the advert then we might be able to comment :)

a2newbie
14-12-2009, 12:26 PM
I have. That's the problem. I'm waiting to hear from the owner on further details. Oddly she will only communicate by email. I'm very dubious. The price listed is £2K

That said, I have found another I am interested in 134K miles, full history, it has a custom interior - burgundy leather. I think they're charging a premium for this - even though it's pretty ugly. It's a trade sale but not an Audi dealer.

I've read the tips and tricks posted on the A2 section. When I view both I will have a better idea.

Will keep you posted as I appreciate comments and feedback.

If there are any questions that are a must to ask, I'd be grateful.

Crasher
14-12-2009, 12:38 PM
Scarily cheap and the email only is very suspicious. That should be up in the £5K area, tread very carefully. Where did you see the advert?

Sarge786
14-12-2009, 01:50 PM
It's a scam Pal, don't fall for it as they will tell you cars here or there and they have been messed about, and as that's so, he will ask you to transfer money in YOUR name into either a Moneygram or a Western Union account, to prove your serious, then give him details. They say ONLY you can get money out but in reality THEY can AND WILL get the money therefore leaving you without all your money and no car!!...

A 2004 A2 TDI can be anything from 5.5k to 8k+ so where does anyone get one for that price? and not have a proper advert!.

They have been running the scams on sites like Gumtree etc that makes no checks, needs no registration and is totally free, what have they to lose?

DON'T DO IT PAL.

Regards

Sarge

Audiquattr0
09-01-2010, 04:32 AM
hi mate
just a thought,
my mates got a 2004 53 reg audi A2 1.4 tdi sport 75bhp chipped up, think he wants to sell it. Its got around 105ish miles with full service history taxed mot lovely condition. rs4 alloys panaromic roof etc. if u interested could get u pictures and price he wants.

Cloth Ears
09-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Rule number one: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.

I can, just about, understand why a female seller might be reticent about giving out phone numbers, address details etc, but she's (apparently) trying to sell a car. If she's that worried about security, she should chop it in at a dealer rather than advertise privately. She'd also get a lot more than £2k, unless there's a serious problem with it.

Trust your instincts and walk away, would be my advice.

a2newbie
10-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Hi Everyone.

Thanks for all your comments and offers! Sorry it's taken me a bit to get back. I've been busy driving my new (used) A2 in this great weather and not getting stuck!

Well first things first - I bought a 2001 1.4L 75 HP A2 from a trade dealer who works from home. Thanks to this forum I knew all the questions to ask and things to check before purchasing. The only thing I didn't check was to make sure the seat folded down okay and have since discovered that the previous owner must have never used it either. I found a german pfennig under the seat. The seat takes a bit of work to get it folded but it will.

As for the weird ad that seemed too good to be true. It was legit in the end. The lady selling it moved back to Hungary to have a baby. She was offering a very good deal and in fact I am still considering it. Better spec, lower miles and great price. I'd sell the one I have it I get it.

My only problem now is sourcing a new wiper. Any thoughts?

Thanks Audi fans.