PDA

View Full Version : Really excited.

Undercover
08-05-2007, 02:25 PM
Hi guys, new here. Tomorrow is the big day, I pick up my 1999 A6 Avant SE 1.9 TDI. First time I've ever bought a car and been this excited about it. It's done 107,000 miles, but to look inside, you'd think nobody had even sat in it. I compare this to my current lease car (2004 Citroen C5 - 24,000 miles), which has holes in the carpet, imprints in every seat and just generally looks and feels older than the Audi.

Any suggestions on how I can occupy myself until tomorrow?

Sam
08-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Searching the forums for problems and faults will keep you occupied until tomorrow :D

Remember to post pics when you get it home!

acetaylor
08-05-2007, 02:48 PM
i pick up my repaired 2.5 TDI A6 tomorrow and i can hardly contain myself.

just imagine driving it!:biglaugh:

Happy Days

Undercover
08-05-2007, 03:04 PM
I know that it's a pretty small engine for a huge car, and I will not be getting anywhere particularly quickly (it didn't feel any faster or slower than the C5), but frankly it's just going to be so much nicer a place to spend the time.

No more rubbish seats with no back support, no more air suspension which is great round bends, but makes you feel seasick in a cross-wind. No more driving around in an interior made of ill-fitting cheap plastic tat.

Happy days indeed.

:approve:

buster
08-05-2007, 03:59 PM
I know that it's a pretty small engine for a huge car, and I will not be getting anywhere particularly quickly (it didn't feel any faster or slower than the C5), but frankly it's just going to be so much nicer a place to spend the time.

No more rubbish seats with no back support, no more air suspension which is great round bends, but makes you feel seasick in a cross-wind. No more driving around in an interior made of ill-fitting cheap plastic tat.

Happy days indeed.

:approve:

You'll be surprised at just how capable the 1.9TDi is.

I have an A4 with the 90bhp 1.9TDi engine and it is very good indeed. The fuel consumption will scare you, I thought the gauge had stopped working once, it didn't seem to go down.

I have upgraded to a 2.7 T now, but I do still drive the TDi and am still amazed by it. :)

Undercover
10-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Well, I picked up the car yesterday morning (decided to go into work a bit later, as I couldn't stand it any more). And I have to say I'm extremely pleased, there is not one way that I can find that this car is not better than my 2 1/2 year old Citroen (perhaps on the cobbled street near my office, but probably not even then).

Buster, you were right, the engine does have more than enough to get around at a reasonable rate, seems very flexible too, more so than the Citroen Diesel, though it does perhaps sound a bit more "diesely", due to the fact it replaces a common rail unit.

All in all, I couldn't be happier. A fantastic car so far.

webchem
13-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Picked up my 2001 A6 Avant 2.7T Quattro last weekend - I can understand your excitment! Having changed from a Volvo 850 (nothing wrong with that), the A6 is fantastic.

The overtaking power and general ability to make you feel like a million dollars is fantastic - there must be a catch somwhere.

:-)

dana4tdi
13-05-2007, 11:51 AM
I've had my A4 1.9 TDI 130 for a few weeks now and am still smilling.

I had a vectra 2.5v6 before, the quality of the audi is superb, and like so many of you on here I thought my fuel gauge is faulty, I'm saving over 50% on fuel. ON £30 of diesel I got over 300 miles and the low fuel light is still not on......fantastic.

Not to mention more comfort, no rattles and great performance at higher speeds.

salty
13-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Well, I picked up the car yesterday morning (decided to go into work a bit later, as I couldn't stand it any more). And I have to say I'm extremely pleased, there is not one way that I can find that this car is not better than my 2 1/2 year old Citroen (perhaps on the cobbled street near my office, but probably not even then).

Buster, you were right, the engine does have more than enough to get around at a reasonable rate, seems very flexible too, more so than the Citroen Diesel, though it does perhaps sound a bit more "diesely", due to the fact it replaces a common rail unit.

All in all, I couldn't be happier. A fantastic car so far.
GET SOME BIO-DIESEL ABOUT 50% TILL SUMMER THEN 60% YOU WILL NOT NOTICE ANY DIESELY NOISE THEN.ALSO MORE MPG
SALTY

Undercover
14-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Hmmm, Bio fuel, a nice thought. Sadly there's nowhere near me that sells it. Had to bring the C5 into work this morning, as the lease company are picking it up. By go, how did I put up with it for so long.