PDA

View Full Version : Convienance System VW Passatt 2003

Louis 73
08-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Hi,

Does anybody know how I reset the Convienance locking system.

At the moment when I use the key fob to open the doors, only the
drivers door opens.

I have to use the button within the car to open all the doors. Its getting to be a pain now getting my family in and out of the car !!. :aargh4:

Thanks

Louis

Big G
08-05-2007, 01:59 PM
I know on my system i have to press the button twice to unlock all the doors. Have you tried this?

Louis 73
08-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Big G,

Thanks, I tried that but only the drivers door opens.
:1zhelp:

Louis

MalcQV
10-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Might be wroth seeing if anyone in your area has VAGcom and cables. Just read a thread where someone has turned off the two button press completely on a Polo. They have also managed to switch on auto locking above 5mph.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=8655

Louis 73
10-05-2007, 11:36 AM
Thanks I will do some further digging.

:biglaugh: Louis 73

shooey88
10-05-2007, 12:28 PM
the convenience unit goes to sleep on passats sometimes and causes only the drivers door to open. if u remove the lower a pillar trim on the passenger side and disconnect the black connector (may be grey connector=not sure so disconnect that aswell) for 5 minutes and reconnect. this will wake up the convenience unit. i bet it will work...let me know how u get on.

Louis 73
31-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Thanks Guys .

I will take a look on my next day off.

:biglaugh:

M4YTY
02-06-2007, 09:23 AM
I have just turned the selective locking off on my 2003 passat Using vagcom. All of the instructions are on the ross-tech website

Chrisbp
02-06-2007, 01:26 PM
My Passat is set up so that you have to click twice to open all the doors which I thought was a pain until one of the guys I work with who lives in Spain told me about the latest scam over there where gangs will target single women getting in to their cars - If you watch, quite a lot of women (my wife included) will unlock the car, throw their handbag onto the passenger seat then get in - the set up is that the gangs will target supermarket car parks & co, watch for women getting in to cars and just at the point where they've thrown their bag in someone will distract them while an acomplice snatches the bag off the passenger seat - something they couldn't do if you have the ability to programme the central locking to only unlock one door.

We also have a BMW Coupe which I use mostly but one click opens both doors so I've warned the other half to beware if she's driving alone as it's only a matter of time before this makes it's way across here (if it hasn't made it across already)

Frank.A
02-06-2007, 01:36 PM
You should be able to toggle between the 2 unlocking alternatives by holding down lock and unlock buttons for 5 seconds.

Even our humble Corsa has this facility plus the autolock feature if the door has not been opened in 30 seconds the same as the Passat.

You can also program the autolocking to function at 7mph,to stop valuables being snatched at traffic lights etc.

Best,
Frank