PDA

View Full Version : battery drain

jasey1007
08-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Hi all
new to this site and was wondering if anyone elses A4 has suffered battery drain. Audi have looked at this and have said its something to do with the engine management. There way of recitifying this was to remove the fuse which subsequently reset the em (luckily i did not have to pay anything, they did it for free). This was fine for a while until last week did not use the car for a day and the following morning you guessed it the car wouldnt start. Has any one else had this problem? I am a little worried that a big bill may be coming along to rectify this so if anyone knows why this could be happening please let me know.
My car is an Audi A4 02 Avant 1.8T

Balmedia
02-11-2007, 10:56 PM
A4 - 1.8T - 02 - B6

Same issue once the car is locked the battery starts to drain.
The hazzard switch flashes intermittently when car is locked.

I think it has somthing to do with the comfort/conveience control module.

Pls reply if you have the solution.:1zhelp:

cornetbloke
03-11-2007, 01:30 AM
a4 2001 1.8t

same issue a couple of years ago, ******** changed convenience module and problem went away.
alarm had also been going off when it felt like and doors only unlocked off fob now and then

6th Gear
15-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Got the same problem, car has been to an auto electrician and garage, both found nothing wrong.

Gone to a second auto elecrician, who believes that it is the internal hazard bulb is coming on intermittently when the car is parked and thus draining the battery.

No cure found yet but audi are puzzled too.

motfesg
19-02-2008, 08:29 PM
I have an 04 1.9 TDi - used it saturday - sunday it was completly dead
charged battery but was dead on monday agin - hope its just a battery problem(£120 for new battery from Audi).