PDA

View Full Version : any vag com users near middleton machester

zillfish
11-12-2009, 09:41 PM
This is the first time I've posted, so I hope I'm doing it right. Apologies if not.
My esp light came on yesterday, and after reading through this and other forums I realise that it could be caused by many things, but the most common, and worst case scenario is the ABS module. I've done the really easy stuff, but rather than dive in to the next level blind, it would be better to get fault codes. So, anyone out there in reasonable distance who can help? Thanks in advance.
p.s. though I haven't posted before I have used the forums and had a lot of good info, so I should say thank you and keep up the good work.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/applied/misc/progress.gif

chedisav
14-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Hi,
Did you get anyone to reply by any chance? I have a fabia that has had power steering pump and steering sensor replaced. Now I'm told ECU needs to be reset for PS to work again. Can you help?
Thank you

zillfish
14-12-2009, 11:56 PM
sorry chadisev, no offers as yet.

mkman1
12-06-2010, 09:25 AM
have you had anybody coming to help with vagcom. I yave just joined the forum 12 jun10. I need some help with some one who has a registered version of vagcom

zillfish
13-06-2010, 06:46 PM
I've had no responses from the forum, but i've had it scanned by an independent vw mechanic and it is the brake pressure sensor, which means a new abs pump. I'm not prepared to shell out the £1000 to replace it, so i'm looking at alternatives. sorry can't help with vagcom.

matta4
13-06-2010, 07:49 PM
I've had no responses from the forum, but i've had it scanned by an independent vw mechanic and it is the brake pressure sensor, which means a new abs pump. I'm not prepared to shell out the £1000 to replace it, so i'm looking at alternatives. sorry can't help with vagcom.
Try these they should be able to refurb your unit we use them at work for dashes but they also do abs pumps http://www.ecutesting.com/audi_common_ecu_failures.html

mkman1
14-06-2010, 01:36 PM
thanks for replying. I looked at the list of people who have vagcom and are willing help have not replied to me. In the list they say they will try and help. I am try to learn how to use vagcom 409 for complicated things. I can read fault code on my shareware copy.

zillfish
15-06-2010, 04:54 PM
thanks matta4, i've seen this site before, and am considering this sort of thing. Could do with knowing if anybody has used this service, it's always best to work from reccomendations.

wacky77
20-07-2010, 11:49 AM
I'm learning with it (freeware version) and just the other side of the pennines.
I tend to ask the net how to do whatever it is I'm trying to do with it and follow the instructions.
The Ross Tech site itself is a wealth of info on how to use it.

zillfish
20-07-2010, 10:07 PM
cheers wacky77,
thanks for you response. I've found out what I needed re my esp fault. It is as I feared, i.e., a fault in the abs pump which I haven't dealt with yet. As a point of information, the car passed mot no problem despite warning light.