PDA

View Full Version : Demisting the windows

ricky_s
11-12-2009, 12:24 AM
I've had my CC for about a year now and I do like the car but it has one problem.

The windows are a pain to demist. I get in the car in the evening when it is cold like tonight (6 degrees) and have to sit for about 10 mins to clear the mist from the front/side windows.

I see my collegues jump into their cars and they just drive off within a minute or two.

Sometimes it is clear but mists before I get to drive away.

I have it on auto with aircon etc. set to on so why does it do this?

The car does seem to take a long time to warm up, with the guage not moving for quite a while and the heating takes a long time to produce any heat, is it something to do with this?

fatgattaca
11-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Same problem with my CC, also rear window demister is woeful and wing mirrors dont work at all. Have to say it is the only thing wrong with the whole car!!

ricky_s
11-12-2009, 11:44 AM
I've spoken to VW in Worthing this morning, they say it is perfectly normal in modern cars but have agreed to pick it up next week to have a look at the heating etc. to make sure it is okay.

reprosteve
12-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Hi
I must admit the heater is rubbish, all my Toyotas had great heaters but the VW is bad and slow to warm up. And as we are on it why oh why did they give you a separate switch for the heated mirrors my Toyotas had them work of the heated rear window so the auto switched off.
But that aside I can live with these small problems, So crap heater great looks Toyota great heater buuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttt very boring (apart from the Celica GT :Blush2:)

Steve

gamichea
12-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Curious, this. I'll be interested to see what mine is like compared to my current B6 saloon about which I have no compalints on this score. The saloon has a different control cluster to the CC. Whether the works is different as well I know not. The control cluster looks the same as the dual zone one in the Golf 6. Might be worth checking that forum to see if there are any issues over there.

All modern diesels have electric coolant heaters in circuit to speed the naturally slow warm up from a thermally efficient engine so there's no excuse for this to be an issue.

steev_jo
12-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Hi
And as we are on it why oh why did they give you a separate switch for the heated mirrors
Steve

There's a switch for heated wing mirrors? I wondered why they didn't seem to work so well.

Yes there it is on the door hidden by the handle/armrest!

Thanks, Thanks. Thanks!:beerchug:

eob
14-12-2009, 10:24 AM
I don't have this problem when the car has been sitting overnight but I have noticed that whenever there is any moisture in the air the windows mist very quickly and require the A/C to be turned on in order to be clear. As soon as A/C is switched off you can see them misting up again.
Funnily enough, I have cleaned the inside of the windscreen several times now and can still see all the pre-delivery stickers when it mists up. :)

gamichea
14-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Maybe that's why I don't have a problem. My aircon. is always on. Aircon., as we all know, dehumidifies.

eob
14-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Maybe that's why I don't have a problem. My aircon. is always on. Aircon., as we all know, dehumidifies.

Phew, smelly when turned off then. :D