PDA

View Full Version : New Kid

Speedster
07-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Hi all, Just joined the forum after seeing a link on Ebay Motors forums. I've got a 1999 A6 Avant, 2.4 engine Tiptronic. I've had several Audi's before: 2 Coupe GTs, an 80 Sport and an 80 Avant. The A6 is normally the wife's daily driver/school runner and I go to work in a Porsche 968. I'll post some photos of the cars when I find out where to put them. Tony

Eshrules
08-05-2007, 08:13 AM
hi and welcome to the forum :D that 'daily runner' must cost you a fortune in petrol and tax:( LOL got to love your previous list of cars too.... i think you have found your place of belonging here ;)

Speedster
11-05-2007, 10:43 PM
Cheers Carl,
I got the 968 in 2001 when I got a monk on after being gazumped on an amazing, immaculate '91 20v Quattro Turbo in Pearl White. Thought I'd try another quality german marque for a bit, which I do regret a bit. You're right about the petrol costs:(, luckily I only do about 20 miles a day, so about 1/2 a tank a week for commuting and maybe another 1/4 if I do a bit of pleasure driving at the weekends.
Any chance of getting a sketch like yours for my sig?
I always loved the look of the Spyder concept... http://www.carstyling.ru/car.asp?id=1296

Eshrules
12-05-2007, 08:20 AM
Cheers Carl,
I got the 968 in 2001 when I got a monk on after being gazumped on an amazing, immaculate '91 20v Quattro Turbo in Pearl White. Thought I'd try another quality german marque for a bit, which I do regret a bit. You're right about the petrol costs:(, luckily I only do about 20 miles a day, so about 1/2 a tank a week for commuting and maybe another 1/4 if I do a bit of pleasure driving at the weekends.
Any chance of getting a sketch like yours for my sig?
I always loved the look of the Spyder concept... http://www.carstyling.ru/car.asp?id=1296

LOL half a tank for a weeks commute, if i had that sort of mpg id have to walk :p

as for the sketch... sorry :( moderators and administrators only have this image in their sig:beerchug: