PDA

View Full Version : Remote locking - no flash

A J Ball
07-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Hi all, I have 53 plate 130 TDI Passat estate, owned it for 8 months and I am still like a kid with a new toy. Last week, the indicator and hazard fuses blew for no apparent reason. I replaced them without any more problems, but now, when remote locking or unlocking, the indicators do not flash as they did before. I can`t find any more relevant fuses, so is it a relay? Can anyone help? Thanks.:1zhelp:

Col
07-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Tricky one.

The alarm flash power comes via the central convenience module. This controls amonst other things the locking.

What can happen are several things;

1, The micro switch in the door lock goes faulty so the car thinks it is still unlocked and therefore will not activate the alarm.

2, 'Something' goes wrong with the control module or wiring between it and the indicators.

To properly check both problems you really need to hook up to vagcom and have a play. A simple test however is weather your interior light works or not.

Saying that, I had exactly the same problem on my Golf, the alarm flash simply stopped working one day for no reason at all. I had the the alarm beep activated which worked fine just no indicator flash. I played about with vagcom for ages, doing various output tests and looking at various measuring blocks. I found nothing wrong at all and couldn't find out what was wrong hence in 2 above I say 'something' goes wrong, what it is I don't know.

By the wy in case you are wondering the Golf and Passat share almost identical electrics.

Good luck and please let me know if you get it sorted ?

shooey88
09-05-2007, 07:03 PM
check to see if you convenience unit is wet....check the nearside passenger carpet for dampness. you probs got an electrical fault that caused a short circuit blowing ur fuse

A J Ball
20-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks, nearside carpet and therefore convenience unit is as dry as a bone, and I have not had access to a VAGCOM tester. All doors lock and unlock as normal, and the alarm works perfectly. Still no flash.

A J Ball
02-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Hi, Many apologies - just lifted DRY carpet and found pond underneath. Central convenience unit dry but wiring wet. Parked on incline, drilled hole in floor to drain and dried wiring and sound proofing carefully with hot air gun.Indicators and hazards work fine now! Remote flashing still does not. Also does not deadlock. Is there a common place for passat leaks?
Thanks for your time.