PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Models??

dansuddabys3
08-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Having ordered my new car to arrive hopefully back end of Q1 in 2010. Has anybody seen an details of the expected model changes, particularly for the A3/S3 muted to arrive in 2011?

Just dont want to be sitting in my 1year old car come 2011 and feel short changed??

Any goss to share?:1zhelp:

tlionhart
09-12-2009, 12:53 AM
i believe the next generation isn't due till late 2011/2012. You could drive it around until the new one is out and just trade it in. However very little details have been released. Im eager to know what the next gen would be like! My dad is also interested in the new model and his car is due for del about same time as you. They make changes all the time. A few factors for me would be;

-same multimedia interface, controls and cockpit/interior layout as the A4/A5
-Electronic handbrake and button hill hold assist
-features such as: side/lane assist and advance adapt cruise control
-rear LED lights in addition to front LED lights (new style. Updated style with LED in headlamp LED) Like the new Q7 has.
-improved arm rest...
-intelligent key fob. With the opportunity to purchase stop/start engine button.

In other words everything plus more than what the A5 has. If it doesn't ill be getting the A5 cab as my next one. I think the A3 is a little outdated now. You can buy a £8000 car with more features...

dansuddabys3
13-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Yes - all those are valid points and perhaps added extras.

Drove my colleagues A6 a few months back and had not experienced the electronic handbrake and so took a while to find the button. More so after getting out the car watched it roll ever so slightly in the car park. Soon found the button then. :p

I am happy to live with the current interior spec bar the possible gizmos to come. More interested to see how different the exterior shape may change. Not sure whether to believe some of the images on the web, which shows more of a possible BMW 1 stylie at the top rear and down the side of the doors.

Hey ho its ordered now so will look forward to March 2010 and enjoy it for as long as I need to.

What does your dad have on order? ;)

tlionhart
14-12-2009, 12:47 PM
hes got a misano red 1.4 sline with xenon lights, symphony, bose, black styling pack :)