PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Ring H7 Xenon Bulbs

Zeb
08-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Hi guys,

My headlight bulbs are pretty poor, I'm thinking of getting these ones?
Any suggestions if they are good or crap? Dont want to spend too much money on bulbs as my car is on sale?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270470486785&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

fourringsrus
08-12-2009, 10:20 PM
If you are selling save your cash,the next owner could always upgrade himself,so long as the lights are legal and not dangerous.
It would appear that the opinion on here is that the standard bulbs are pants generally
Stuart

Turbokiisseli
09-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Generally most of these "xenon blue" halogens have craptacular light output. I suggest you look into Osram Nightbreakers or Philips X-Tremes for some very good halogen bulbs.

danclyon
10-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Generally most of these "xenon blue" halogens have craptacular light output. I suggest you look into Osram Nightbreakers or Philips X-Tremes for some very good halogen bulbs.

Seconded on the Nightbreakers....now I can dazzle BMW drivers just the same way they do me....only I can now do it at well over twice the distance I could before :biglaugh:

Zeb
11-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Seconded on the Nightbreakers....now I can dazzle BMW drivers just the same way they do me....only I can now do it at well over twice the distance I could before :biglaugh:

Yeah thats the way to do it!! Dazzle BMW drivers :mad: really really hate them!!! But I have bought some cheap xenons bulbs for £3, dont want to spend loads of money as I have advertised my car on sale :)

Zeb
11-12-2009, 03:17 PM
If you are selling save your cash,the next owmer could always upgrade himself,so long as the lights are legal and not dangerous.
It would appear that the opinion on here is that the standard bulbs are pants generally
Stuart

You are right about that, there is no point in wasting all that cash.
I would rather spend it on my next car!! But I have bought some cheap xenon bulbs for £3 which are not bad tbh!

phase4
16-12-2009, 09:04 PM
i want to get some of these bulbs but how many screws hold the headlamp in? i undone the top 2 screws but still could`nt get the lamp out is there anymore hidden?are the bulbs the same type as the full beam bulbs?

kite
16-12-2009, 09:15 PM
i want to get some of these bulbs but how many screws hold the headlamp in? i undone the top 2 screws but still could`nt get the lamp out is there anymore hidden?are the bulbs the same type as the full beam bulbs?
HOW TO

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7485

fourringsrus
16-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Hey phase4 there has been a couple of threads on about the procedure but here goes
I believe that models vary slightly so use this as a pointer and you'll be good.
On my car 52 plate A4 cabriolet there are two screws on the top which you have found and I had one more at the rear most point of the base of the lamp unit, the lower one on my car did not need to be removed but just slackened off.
If you have A4 saloon I think you will find 2 screws at rear of base of lamp aswell as the top two.
As a foot note I will add that you may experience a bit of a struggle with the electric plug and should be carefull not to snag the wires from the plug ,just go steady and patiently.
When you are done you will agree that it's simple to do when you know ,like most things I suppose
Good luck old pal
Stuart

fourringsrus
16-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Dang ,if I could type faster I wouldn't feel like I'd just wasted 10 minutes and come in second to Kite
Well done Kite I was sure someone would find that link but you got in while I was typing
Stuart

kite
16-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Sorry, I find it easier to use links than take 15mins to type, see if I'd of typed the reply you would have beat me.....

fourringsrus
17-12-2009, 07:34 PM
I don't know how to do the link thing but how about this, went out this morning and ,,,bang flash beep beep beep right hand side dipped beam bulb out.
10 minute job but my fingers had gone blue by the time I was done
Stuart

jgalvin
06-01-2010, 08:50 AM
I'd definitely consider the Osrams. I put on a set about two years ago and they made a huge difference. Unfortunately, one has now blown. I have a replacement set but they're a bear to put in. I'll have to knuckle down after the cold snap.