PDA

View Full Version : Please Help halogen/xenon headlights for VW Sharan 53 plate

Moosajee
08-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Hi All please help me if you can
i want to upgrade my light bulbs to xenon lights but was told that they are not recommended for a VW SHARAN 53 PLATE as they will fail your MOT. Has anyone else had this problem or overcome this issues in any ways? also he said that the voltage have to be below 1.9v.

this is the one i bought
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_49 1435_langId_-1_categoryId_205263

PLEASE HELP AS I WANT SOME DECENT BULBS FOR THE CAR

THANK YOU

kite
08-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Thats a normal bulb not a xenon.

Moosajee
10-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Hi and thanks for replying back but its not a normal bulb its a xenon bulb as you can see below.
Halfords Extreme Brilliance Single Bulb HBU477EB H7:

colour: White
Xenon gas technology for up to 90% more light and greater safety
These bulbs will significantly improve the safety and comfort of night driving
Easily fitted and require no changes to the wiring of your vehicle
Manufactured to original equipment standards
UV cut - Suitable for plastic headlamps

zollaf
10-12-2009, 05:20 PM
they are a normal bulb as they replace normal headlight bulbs, but are filled with a bit of xenon rather than halogen, thus allowing the filament to burn hotter and giving out more light. so yes you can use these to replace your bulbs. they are however not a true xenon light, as this is different.

kite
10-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Xenon bulb

Halogen bulb

zollaf
10-12-2009, 07:50 PM
true xenon lights, also called HID, (high intensity discharge) are what modern cars often come fitted with. these dont have a filament like normal bulbs, but instead have a spark to produce the light. you can get kits to fit to your car, but they should have headlight washers and a levelling system to be legal. the halfords bulbs are just ordinary bulbs that you can fit and still be legal. they are a bit brighter and a bit bluer than your existing halogens.