PDA

View Full Version : New Bora owner

redtony
07-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Ello all
New around just got myself a BORA TDI 90Bhp had power problem when i bought but changed MAF sensor and runs like new impressed with it so far boots big, loads of space, nice to drive and economys very very good.

Anyone kindly answer few questions

1) What oil to use it has done 113k miles. There is some £18 silkolene uni deiself at german swedish french car parts. Silkolene are good make, this oil ok?

2) Theres a failt with dash lights and lights near heaters. lights seem to dimmer and cut near heaters and dash, so i have to wiggle the hand brake down and lights come on full. I dont get what the lights have to do with the handbrake tho.

3) There is a little rust on the back passanger windows both sides, where the little triangle window is. Is this common and easily fixed/replaced ?

Thanks in advance.

Happy Tdi owner

01V5
10-05-2007, 09:39 AM
While people are responding to redtony, i also have problems with my int. lights. The light on the radio screen is out and the lights behing the Sunroof dial etc is out. Thanks all

redtony
14-05-2007, 11:50 AM
bump for anyone who's interested to lend a hand :beerchug:

bora(ing) nick
14-05-2007, 12:00 PM
hya mate...

Spoke to you on another forum when you were thinking about getting a Bora....

Glad to see you finally got 1.

I might be wrong, but isn't there a 12yr bodywork warranty type thing, on all VW's???? (Sure i read it somewhere on here....)

For all your Oil questions and needs, send a pm to Oilman, and he will provide you with the correct details and possibly even a quotation....

The dashbored light / handbrake thing sounds like a bad earth to me....take the plastic surround off and have a look....

Good luck

Nick