PDA

View Full Version : Eos boot leaking

hitachizx
07-05-2007, 05:58 PM
My wife's Eos went back to the dealer for the 3rd time last week to try and cure a leaking boot. It rained last night and there is water in the spare wheel well agian. Has any body else suffered this problem as it is getting very frustrating and im getting sick of going back and forth to the dealer. I am seriously thinking of changing to an R32 but the wife has become very attached to the Eos dispite its leaks.:zx11:

Gavster
07-05-2007, 09:51 PM
There are several threads on the VWEOS forum (www.vweosclub.com (http://www.vweosclub.com)) about leaky boots. There is also alot of advice on how to solve the problem by using a particular product on the seals.

Go take a look...

Paul Hopkinson
17-05-2007, 10:37 AM
My wife's Eos went back to the dealer for the 3rd time last week to try and cure a leaking boot. It rained last night and there is water in the spare wheel well agian. Has any body else suffered this problem as it is getting very frustrating and im getting sick of going back and forth to the dealer. I am seriously thinking of changing to an R32 but the wife has become very attached to the Eos dispite its leaks.:zx11:

Hi
Sorry to hear about your problems. I had water in my boot too. Its a bit long winded but look under my post about "internal condensation" and I think it is on the 4th post where I found my water problem.

Paul.