PDA

View Full Version : Audi Drive Select

willie1973
06-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Hello, thinking of changing from a b7 s-line to a b8 - our roads aren't built to Teutonic standards and the quality of the suspension is at odds to the quality of the interior.

Was wondering if anyone knows; is the suspension of an s-line with adaptive suspension the same as an SE with adaptive suspension (have seen it written that SE drops 20mm when ADS added).

If yes, then the ride quality should be the same, right??

Thanks

ewill
14-12-2009, 08:09 AM
ADS uses the same springs as S-Line (with 20mm drop), but the damping rates are very different. The ADS "comfort" setting has a much softer damper rate than a standard S-Line, while the ADS "dynamic" setting is stiffer for low speed movements, but softer than S-Line at the high speed end (that is, large bumps!) So an ADS equipped car should be more comfortable that an S-Line for both settings, with softer handing in comfort mode and better handling in dynamic mode. I find it an excellent piece of kit, and on 245/40x18 tyres, its very comfortable in comfort mode.

willie1973
14-12-2009, 07:30 PM
I thought nobody cared........thanks..................

Given that ADS uses S-line springs, as per original question, I guess then that there is no difference in ride quality between SE and Sline if both have ADS???????

ScottyUK
15-12-2009, 01:36 AM
Be very careful with terminology :

The S-line gets "Sports" suspension (20mm drop) as standard.
The "S-line" suspensions (30mm drop) is an option.

I can't answer your question but I've an S-line with ADS and it's a perfect combination of everything ......for me at least ;)

ewill
15-12-2009, 07:16 AM
I thought nobody cared........thanks..................

Given that ADS uses S-line springs, as per original question, I guess then that there is no difference in ride quality between SE and Sline if both have ADS???????

Correct, providng we're talking about the 20mm drop S-Line suspension.