PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 2.5 TDI acceleration lag / slow to pick up power

toddywoody
07-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Hi everyone, ive just bought an 02 A4 2.5TDI quattro and im not enjoying driving it due to a slight problem with the acceleration. It seems that the engine revs slightly behind( out of sink.) with the foot pedal. This makes pulling away quite hard as you have to wait for the revs to catch up with the pedal before you start to release the clutch. This only takes a split second but due to this lag in power makes the car awkward to drive and easy to stall when pulling away. Can any one help? Any Ideas what could be wrong?

Dansk
07-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Hi everyone, ive just bought an 02 A4 2.5TDI quattro and im not enjoying driving it due to a slight problem with the acceleration. It seems that the engine revs slightly behind( out of sink.) with the foot pedal. This makes pulling away quite hard as you have to wait for the revs to catch up with the pedal before you start to release the clutch. This only takes a split second but due to this lag in power makes the car awkward to drive and easy to stall when pulling away. Can any one help? Any Ideas what could be wrong?

Well i might be a million miles of, but i heard that the accelerator pedals can become worn because they all "fly by wire" nowadays, i think if you look at the top of the pedal you will see a box and its in there that wears out - but its only a stab in the dark! hope it gives you something to go on.

Huweth
07-05-2007, 04:28 PM
No offence, but have you had a TDI before? They are quite different to petrols and take a bit of getting used to. A little lag is normal. How does the car pull once it's going? Does it feel down on power at all? What the mileage/service history etc...

toddywoody
11-05-2007, 06:41 PM
No offence taken:biglaugh: .
It has done 80 thou, but has full service history. Its definatley not right and is holding back when the throttle is pressed down and then slowly picks its feet up and were away! I have got a second opinion and he seems to think its the MAF sensor playing up. I think im going to change it, i will keep you updated.
Many thanks for your replys

need help
12-05-2007, 04:00 PM
I had a same sort of problem in my 1.9 TDi but what i did is disconect the MAF sensor wire revove the air filter give it all a dam good clean with the hover and touch wood the car is driving the best it ever has.
Might be worth a go let us know how you get on.