PDA

View Full Version : Creeping Auto...

pitch3110
06-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Chaps,

The B8 is the first auto I have had.
Tell me, how much does yours creep when you lay off the brake?
My Multi seems like it heads off out of the blocks.

Its not a prob, but just wondering if is normal. The handbook says the Multitronic does not creep like a convensional auto.

ummmmm

ta

B19RAK
06-12-2009, 01:54 PM
I thought that. It does creep like a normal auto. Not that i'm complaining.

Have you also noticed that sometimes it does step up and down the gears when it needs to but very smoothly.

Hippogriff
06-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Oh, it creeps.

For sure... it can 'creep' up quite steep hills actually. It's an ambitious thing.

I love it... but, then, I'm a lazy git. If I could drive around without using any pedals at all, I would.

GolferPete
06-12-2009, 02:32 PM
That's where I find the Hill Hold Assist particularly beneficial.

The downside with HH is that it can sometimes trigger when I don't want it to, when I wish to creep forward very slowly.

On balance, HH at £45 or whatever is well worth it, imo.

pitch3110
06-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Cheers chaps,

B19RAK......yes indeed the way it steps up and down is silky. Its smoother than any RR or beemer box I have experience of.

Hip.......by the sounds, what I am experiencing is the norm.

GP.........I have hill hold and it is money well spent, but yes it does bite when creeping along in traffic.

On the whole I am over the moon with the Multitronic. Last week I had several A road dash's and am finding myself using the paddles more and more an a clear open road. Its just great fun flapping up and down the box.
Busy roads and urban traffic, D is just a dream.

Would have liked a few more MPG's but the multi more than makes up for it, having said on a 100 miler plus this week DIS was showing 50, although over the first 2.5k its looking like a true 39ish.

Its a great engine/gearbox combo, and I couldn't be happier.
Cheers again B19RAK for sowing the seed.

Paul

B19RAK
06-12-2009, 11:44 PM
No worries. I'm desparate to get mine mapped. Still waiting for someone who can do it.

pitch3110
07-12-2009, 12:06 AM
No worries. I'm desparate to get mine mapped. Still waiting for someone who can do it.

Agreed and wanting tge same here in the new year.
Good post on the B7 section re: tuning boxes from TME.

Generally bad press on boxes but my prefered route to return to standard when required.

Having said that there is llots out there to pick through.

Something for the New Year to play with

B19RAK
07-12-2009, 08:54 AM
It's got to be a good quality map, the boxes shouldn't be considered for a quality car like this.