PDA

View Full Version : Question changing a headlamp

malkyb
05-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Hi there,

any tips on how to get the electrical connector block off the back of the headlamp? Mine isn't budging!

any help appreciated

malc.

bez101
05-12-2009, 05:24 PM
use a small flatblade screwdriver in the lil opening u can see it will unlock it and pull very hard

fourringsrus
05-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Struggled with one of mine but with a hint of wd40 or similar and a poke and pull as BEZ suggests you should get it
Just be firm but gentle all at the same time
Stuart

SebRogers
05-12-2009, 08:09 PM
What I've found works well is to give the connector a good shove home first, ie make sure it's fully engaged before you start. This is important because it makes it easier to release the catch. Then pull on the release tab (no screwdriver needed in my experience) whilst giving the connector a gentle tug - you should hear a click which means the catch has disengaged. Give the whole thing a good hard pull by grabbing hold of all the wires and hauling - you can get a better grip this way than trying to pull on the connector itself. Sounds dodgy but if you pull evenly and firmly you'll be distributing the load over all the cables rather than just one or two.

HTH.

Audity
07-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Hi there,

any tips on how to get the electrical connector block off the back of the headlamp? Mine isn't budging!

any help appreciated

malc.

Found this link on a4mods.com
Hope they dont mind me including it here.

http://www.a4mods.com/library/videos/headlight_clip.avi

malkyb
07-12-2009, 05:16 PM
thanks all for your replies, WD40 came to the rescue, with a little help from a flat head screw driver. It didn't help I was squeezing the wrong bit of the bridge, I know for next time...

thanks again!

malc.